“Hits the spot”

Price range: US$7 - US$9
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

2 day working trip to Cornwall, wanted a quick bite to eat on a Thursday lunchtime - stumbled on this place. Ordered cod and chips, quickly followed the lead of my son and amended to mini cod and chips, and was glad I did. Their mini portions are about the size of normal portions in our local chippy. Cod was excellent, chips were fluffy, enjoyed eavesdropping on the banter between the young girl on the till and the two guys cooking the food - created a good friendly atmosphere. Found a bench next to the harbour, excellent food, sun was shining, happy days

1  Thank C00ps69

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Look clean and tidy inside ordered 3 portions of fish and chips for lunch.
Massive size of fish with the chips and the fish was lovely, but the chips was massive letdown cause it was over cooked (probably cause it was near to closing time that they just reheated the chips!)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited this chippy about 2.30pm this afternoon. Fish was excellently cooked but the chips were over cooked in fact I would say burned, wasn't just mine all three potions we had were the same. My thoughts are it was near to closing for the afternoon and was given what was cooked already and warmed up.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was a delight. Lovely fresh fish and chips in the paper sitting by the harbour to eat it. Fabulous and delicious.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Another recommendation so we took a detour to come and visit. Glad we did. Not only was the fish freshly caught it was freshly fried on request. Batter was light and fluffy and fish was, well I don’t know I had a sausage as I don’t eat fish. My sausage was great though.

The quayside is a great little spot to rock up with your takeaway and sit down and eat. Never seen it before however there are no bins just signs telling you to take your rubbish back to the where you bought it for disposal.