“Great location”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of A Chapel Cottage

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
barry m
“Great location”
Reviewed 19 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

A great location for travelling around Cornwall. The owners are great and the cottage is comfortable for two people with parking directly outside.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Clare A
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Reasonably priced, generally good accomodation in a lovely area”
Reviewed 28 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Rose Cottage looks the same as before (under a different owner) but the original house itself is much improved by the removal of the conservatory, the making of a road down to Lostwithiel and some new plants. The TV system has been updated which really needed doing and there is free WiFi. I love the closeness to Lerryn, a beautiful place to walk from and the NT beaches near Polruan, even though they are 10 miles away down very narrow and scary lanes.
The view from the large window is lovely and there is a bookcase full of holiday books. Plenty of pots and pans, though rather minimal cutlery for more than 2, no bread or sharp knives. I felt very welcome.The room and mezzanine were very clean and the appliances work.
The downside was the cold- every evening I sat with coats and rugs over me and went to bed wearing most of my clothes! I had asked on arrival if the CH would be turned on later, to be told not. There was ice on my car windscreen one morning. Also, I didn't like having dogs around though I suppose I'm in the minority here. They do seem friendly, I just don't like barking and being greeted by them. I think the mattress needs replacing soon.
You can book any mumber of days from 2, which is a real bonus. No smoking so there is no stale smell.
I recommend the church of St Nectan, it is peaceful and unspoiled. Currently the traffic at Bodmin is truly dreadful and St Austell not much better. I enjoy the pub and beach at Polkerris.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing