“Puds to die for”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 October 2018

Very friendly staff. Quite an old fashioned feel to the place, but in a good way. The puddings are absolutely fabulous. We had banoffee pie with clotted cream and the biggest slice of lemon meringue I've ever seen with ice cream. Will be back, brilliant!

Reviewed 26 September 2018

This is the best place to eat at the Lizard. We had fish and chips and they were the best we had during our holiday. The desserts are absolutely stunning and there are lots of staff working there, that are continuously cleaning tables and seem to take a pride in their work. What's more is that the food is very reasonably priced of good quality and you don't get ripped off (like you do in most of Cornwall), Good on you Regent Cafe, you deserve an award!

1  Thank Lyndyloo5
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Visited this lovely cafe for late breakfast today. What a lovely place. The service was 100% and so helpful.
We all ordered the regent breakfast and it was so good. The whole menu looked really good. Will def return while on holiday.
So nice to receive good service with a fab menu too. The little adjoining ship was just as nice with a lovey girl serving. Nothing was too much trouble
Well done “The Regent”. You are a credit and so pleased we popped in!!
Please visit. You won’t be disappointed!!!

Reviewed 16 September 2018

I cannot speak highly enough of this restaurant. The food is superb. We visit The Lizard several times a year, and are never disappointed. The staff always welcome us as they do all their customers. An excellent menu to suit all tastes, and at reasonable prices. The service is quick and efficient. The whole restaurant is spotlessly clean. Hurry if you want to see for yourself, the season is nearly over, and the restaurant closes. Well done Regent, cant wait for next year.

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visited The Regent today, a very wet and miserable day. Looking through the window it looked cosy and welcoming and as we were unable to check Trip Advisor for reviews we decided to take a risk.
I was amazed at the selection of cakes, cheesecakes and pies available at the counter! I've never seen such a vast array and wish I'd been able to sample one but alas that wasn't to happen as I was too full after my fish and chips.
I ordered cod and chips and my husband ordered the fish platter. The food arrived within 5 mins and was very hot, clearly freshly cooked. The two things which prevented me giving 5 stars is that the chips were frozen chips and there was far too much batter on my fish. I really enjoyed the fish once I'd removed all of the batter and my husband enjoyed his meal too.
A good strong cup of tea and some bread and butter were the perfect accompaniment!