All reviews the river tennis courts swimming pool sports facilities great facilities leisure facilities beautiful grounds health club superior room teddington lock rugby team play area large hotel single room bar food stayed for two nights main restaurant
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Checkin was good. Large hotel mainly suited to sports and conferences.
The main hotel has a nice bar. Good breakfast and food in the restaurant was good.
Room was in a different old wing and dated, small, creaky and dark. Bathroom was clean but small and had nowhere to put anything.
This could be a great hotel if refurbished.
Conference rooms were good generally but water not topped up much.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
kathyslambert, Sales Coordinator at The Lensbury, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay at The Lensbury. I am glad you had a good stay generally and enjoyed the food and bar. You were obviously staying in the Ascot building which is separate to the main hotel. Some guests prefer the privacy and peace and quiet of the Ascot Building but I know that it doesn't suit everyone. The rooms are quite small but perfectly adequate for business travellers. I do hope you will stay at The Lensbury again.

Reviewed 21 September 2018

I stay at the wonderful Lensbury every year while attending Wimbledon. The people are so awesome and make me feel like family. The breakfast buffet is second to none and the restaurant and bar are also wonderful. The grounds are beautiful and the spa and pool and workout facilities are simply the best. Literally my home away from home.

Stayed: July 2018
kathyslambert, Sales Coordinator at The Lensbury, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Thank you. Please tell your friends and colleagues about The Lensbury and come back to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Lovely clean hotel with friendly helpful staff this a swimming pool, gym, boating on the thames with kayaks, row boats or a motor boat for any extra cost. There are tennis courts and children's play area.
The food was nice.
Very comfortable hotel with plenty of room in the lounge.
Would highly recommend.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay at The Lensbury. I pleased to hear you had a good time, we would love to welcome you back again and please tell your friends and colleagues about us too.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

I write this as someone who has worked in the hotel and service industry and, later in life, stays at a lot of hotels for work. I know how difficult the job can be but I also know a poor hotel when I see one and the Lensbury is a poor hotel. I booked my room in May for a stay in September on an advance rate deal only to find that my friend, who was also staying,booked a week after me and got a better advance rate, we both booked directly with the hotel. When I raised this at the hotel they said that it depends on room availability which I understand if he booked months in advance of me but that wasn't the case. My room looked small but had everything it needed when I unpacked and then headed to the bar. We had dinner in the bar Friday night, it wasn't particular busy with plenty of staff behind the bar but rather than looking after the different customers waiting there was one person on the till taking the order and then 2 people pouring the drinks that had been ordered and then the staff talking to each other rather than serving the next person. Every time we went for a drink it took much longer than required. Our table didn't get cleaned or wiped down. When it came to go to bed it turns out that the walls in the room were thin as I could hear the conversations from the rooms either side of me and every footstep above me. The hotel is tired and old behind the frontage of reception and the bar. When I checked out in the morning there was only one person on reception and a large queue, it must come as a surprise to the hotel that people want to check out at 10am on a Saturday. All in all it was very poor, I don't doubt that the sport facilities might be very good, I didn't use them so can't say, it is also in a great location on the river, it's just a shame that they would rather do the minimum to make a high profit and have new people stay rather than giving value for money and have repeat custom . All I can do is give my opinion and vote with my feet, I would never stay here again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Not sure there is one!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank UkPeely

Thank you for your comments and I am sorry you were disappointed with your stay at The Lensbury. I will pass on your thoughts to the management here, but I don't think there will be any quick fixes.

We do try to please our customers and the staff work hard to provide good service but it is clear we are failing in some areas and more investment is required to improve standards and the "tired, old" feel.

Thank you for taking the trouble to share your feedback which is appreciated.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

We booked 2 nights with friends to mooch about Teddington, Twickenham, Richmond etc and Hampton Court. Our first room in the annex wasn't very exciting but we asked to be moved and the staff couldn't have been more helpful.
Breakfast is £16 unless you book B&B which we had, we ate at 08.30 on Saturday and didn't need to eat again until 19.00 we were so full up. Very tasty breakfast.
Rooms clean and comfortable. This is a leisure club with great facilities so lots of people in tennis kit milling about as members. Grounds lovely, parking free over the road.

Room Tip: rooms are all small but if possible try and face the river not the A/C units or build site
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about The Lensbury following your recent stay. It sounds as though you had a good time and were able to make use of the facilities, enjoy the food and visit attractions in the local area.

Our staff work hard to make everyone feel comfortable and welcome so thank you for noticing. Please come back and stay with us again soon.