US$254
  • Pool
US$76
Doubletree
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$84/night.

US$88
US$78
  • Bar/Lounge
US$92
US$47
US$156
Travelodge London Hounslow(Hounslow)(Great Value!)
US$43
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsfun hotelregular marriottrectangular barstandard marriotttrendy hotelopen plan lobbycentral barrooms are smallentire lobbyreception barlarge tvpublic busescold meatssitting areafitness centernight stopper night
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

From entering a dark room and being met with a mix of around 50 to 60 rather angry Americans that have had their flights cancelled, and rowdy blokes at the bar trying to get drinks. It was an interesting and loud experience.

Took us 40 minutes to get to the front of line and be given our rooms. Ok fine total disaster, people were expecting to fly home but couldn’t, so they needed somewhere to stay. So they came first, of course. But having 4 people on 2 separate desks to try and sort that out? With no signs as to who should be queuing where? Right next to the bar? Gold star to whoever thought that was a good idea.

It was however quite entertaining to do a spot of people-watching and see people’s faces drop as they saw the queue.

Dirty half full glasses everywhere, nearly every table had somebody’s old plate on... place was a bit nasty to say the least. Not to mention a health and safety nightmare with kids running around waiting (40 minutes) to be put to bed!

Got up the stairs to outside our room, a man in front of us complaining about how his electricity kept cutting out, member of staff said it was our room that kept cutting it off (bare in mind we hadn’t got in there yet... doesn’t fill you with confidence) I asked is this safe/normal? To which there was a form of grunt.

There was 4 of us, 2 separate rooms. Our room had electricity - but aircon that blew out hot air. Our friends room had aircon but no electricity - Options were either sweat to death in your own little box with a window that opens to around the width of a KitKat or live like the Amish. Your choice.

Eventually (after asking the man at reception who said ‘I can’t do anything about that’ in reply to asking to have some electricity) we got someone to finally agree to come upstairs and sort the issue, after much back and forth and at 1am it got sorted.. nearly 2 hours later.

Room decor - put some lights on the ceiling, get rid of the sensor light underneath the bed, makes no difference- yes I can see my feet in HD now but the rest of the room is dark.

Lights underneath glass shelves look ace - however they only look ace in places where the glass is cleaned. If it’s not, don’t bother, I can see where the last 4 guests of the hotel room have had their cups... amongst other things.

The good things were -
We got to leave in the morning.

Breakfast was nice and free due to flight-cancellation-gate.
Parking was also free after the nightmare we had the previous day (would certainly not be paying for that anyway, £15 they want for parking!)
Bed was comfy.
Shower gels smelt beautiful- think Tigi hair products.
Decor downstairs is funky and we liked the sofas and games.

Overall - avoid if you can. Unless of course you like bad customer service and sweating profusely.

I hope this place turns around, we saw it at a stressful time but that should have been more of a reason to get great customer service and been told what was going on rather than having to guess all together. Could be a great hotel and I hope it becomes one.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Sparkiecat
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Oh dear where do I begin? We booked this hotel last minute because our usual Heathrow hotel was full...Marriott have obviously decided to invest in the ‘DIY’ hotel model and failed miserably imho....
Firstly, we arrived and attempted to check in....massively long queue (at the bar!!!) - asked if anyone else was available to check in and told ‘they were just opening it up’ (presumably after it seemed the queue might go outside the doors!). There then followed a huge disorganised muddle where people in the queue were (rightly!)upset they had been in line for ages and then others, just arriving, were being checked in by the ‘newly opened’ desk!
Got to the room to find all glass surfaces dirty and smeared...when we asked for this to be rectified the guy behind the bar shrugged and said all the housekeeping had gone but we could have a free drink!
Next.....thought we would have a snack after travelling all day....you wouldn’t think that would be a problem in an airport hotel at 10pm? Apparently it is as they don’t turn the ovens on after 9pm and ‘there’s no kitchen’!!!! Ok so I thought I’d have a cup of tea instead...(serve yourself in the ‘lobby’ no tea/coffee in the rooms). Attempted to get hot water from the ‘kettle’ whereupon we were told it was installed today but is broken already!
You couldn’t make this up!! Staffed by very young inexperienced girls and guys who evidently need a lot more customer service training....
You literally could stay at the travelodge for half the price and get better service...very very similar model - no fridge tea or coffee in the rooms, no bath mat only two towels (even the Travelodge have bath mats!!). Plastic ‘glasses’ in bathroom and wall mounted dispensers for soap...
Marriott - putting a Mini in the bar and jokey signs all over the chocolate bars such as ‘go on you know you want me’ isn’t going to mask the basic lack of customer service and amenities....and an airport hotel which has no food after 9? There’s a trendy cool hip vibe when you walk in but unfortunately the complete lack of any real service shows through very quickly...
One night because our usual hotel was full.....never again...shocking, shocking, shocking...

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SavvySuzi
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

It was difficult to find out where to check in. Had to go to the bar to check-in. Jennifer at the check in was rude. Only one elevator working. Waited in a long line to order counter food and then waited 30 mins for the food. Dirty tables and sitting/dining area. No irons in the rooms. Not the standards of the Marriott brand.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank JW V
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

This newly built hotel had everything we needed for our one night stay. Staff were pleasant but seemed somewhat inexperienced and took a while processing us upon check-in. Good free breakfast, clean, comfortable bed and TV had access to YouTube which was a big plus for us. For a hotel so close to Heathrow the room rates are great.

The only downside I have to mention is that we were told at check-in that in addition to the £59 room rate, an extra £10 would be taken from my card as a deposit but would be returned back on to the card once we checked out - unfortunately I was never credited the extra £10.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2018

I would only recommend this particular MOXY if you have an overnight stay in London with a flight out of Heathrow. The location is fantastic with respect to the airport, but will take quite some time to get into London proper. The hotel itself is funky and modern, with a really fun vibe. Room itself is simple, clean, and has all the basic amenities. Note that there is no mini fridge so if you've got drinks or leftovers, there's nowhere to put them. I had a good sleep and couldn't hear any noise nearby. The lobby, however, is noisy and the check-in is attached to the bar, which may be off putting for some but I personally didn't care. What I did care about was the quality of the service itself, which I'd rate as incredibly subpar. The front desk was disorganized, not always staffed (but there would always be bar staff - priorities!), and I didn't find any of them to be particularly friendly or helpful. It left such a bad taste that I probably won't stay here again on my next London connection.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends