Reviews (1 663)
1 663 results
All reviews leisure facilities food was lovely would stay again comfy bed self service lovely staff steam room the verve liverpool gym sky pub
84 - 89 of 1 663 reviews
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

When arriving at the village Liverpool we realised it wasn't like all the other village hotels. We were greeted by a lovely, friendly Australian lady on reception who made us feel welcome once we got up to our rooms they weren't really up to the standard of others we asked for a room change and the receptionist kindly told us they were working on getting it refurbished, which we understood.
Breakfast wasnt the best, feel like pub food was overpriced likewise with the restaurant. Staff seemed to busy talking to even realise we had been waiting to take our orders. We then decided the next day we wanted to go into Liverpool the girl gave us great information on how to get in there and even printed off maps on how to go about getting to see the terracotta warriors, really appreciated the service we were given.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel badly needs a revamp. Decor not in a good state. The room was clean but overall cleanliness needs to be addressed. Over priced for what it is. Staff very polite. Ideal location for Liverpool business users. The spa needs a revamp. Well used but no reinvestment.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2018

A nice hotel with a friendly atmosphere. Travelled to Liverpool for Jamfest Europe so it was nice not to have to travel to far to reach the centre of Liverpool. Easy route and nice to be able to have a refreshing swim after a long car journey.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Had a business meeting here, food selection was poor, really poor but I ordered anyway, burger and chips was actually really nice so was surprised, was even more surprised when I ordered 2 pints of lemonade, yep lemonade out the machine and the price £4 a pint, for 3/4 of a glass with some ice.. also must mention the service was pretty poor 2, 1 young girl on who was ran ragged, whilst a couple of older staff seemed to be having a chat and smoke outside for most of the time I was there, not so where I would be looking to take any clients back to in a hurry.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Had a fab time at the Village hotel last night and that was mostly down to the staff and the people I went with. The room 303 was ideal for what I needed to sleep in. But if I was going for a longer period of time I would have liked it to be a bit more up beat and modern. The lack of plugs left me a little frustrated for example by the bed side. The bathroom was old and I feel time for an update! The bath if I used it would have been too small a nice modern walk in shower would be perfect for the room. The staff could not have been more friendly and out going to help you. When checking in and checking out. Even though I was locked out before my check out time. The security staff were very helpful and not the usual Sargent major type witch put us at ease and they even had a laugh with us! The bar staff were the best you could have including Ben or as we called him Bennnnnnn (Sorry ‍♂️). Pool and spa was nice and refreshing and relaxed but I feel again a little outdated mainly the walls. The food at the even that we attend was ok but it wasn’t about the food for me so I’m fussed about that just a quick mention though curry soup not the best if it had plate of chips with it maybe... breakfast was the best it was tasty and filling. I asked for more crispy bacon and it was no problem!!! Now just a small sad point we attend an Ultimate Hen Party event (had a ball) now look I know there were other guest in the hotel and I know people have jobs to do I respect that and when guests are being too loud they should be told to keep the noise down with a warning..yea fine sure no problem what so ever but what I’m not happy about is the way the night manger knocked on our door when it was opened burst though pushing past someone and shouting at us all like we were kid on a school trip caught drinking in the room too get out for the room and go down to the lobby and that he doesn’t care and he’s not arguing with anyone (witch no one was by the way) we went down to the lobby with no fuss but i don’t think it should have gone that way what so ever. Fine we were drunk what do you expect when the hotel puts on a event name Ultimate Hen Party, but to not give us a knock to ask us to lower the noise and if we carry on we would haft to go down stairs to the lobby but that’s not what happened in this case. I can appreciate how much of a hard job it is to look after a hotel at night with guest being drunk and there is other guest who are not but at the end of the day we’ve all paid to stay so treat us all like customers not a mop of drunken hooligans. I would have said this to the member of staff in question at the time but yes I was drunk and I honestly thought that if I had said anything he would have kicked me out of the hotel that’s how bad his approach was. All in all a great night at the village hotel I would go back even if it was just for the breakfast!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends