“First time visit”
Review of Cookhouse & Pub

Cookhouse & Pub
Ranked #37 of 227 Restaurants in Bridlington
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely meal here with family. Ambience is spot on with a good selection of drinks. An airy light restaurant with an open showcook style kitchen.
Had the paprika chicken with sweet potato fries which was succulent and moist.
Will be back

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Decided to try the food here as it was near my hotel , was quickly seated and didn't have to wait long for my drink or meal, chose the fish and chips , chips were a bit overcooked for me , I think the waitress who served me was called Morgan she was very friendly and helpful and I decided to eat dinner there the next evening, again seated quickly and order taken quickly this time I chose the root vegetable tart which came with mash and veg again the food was very good, I was left waiting quite a while for someone to come back to me and had to ask one of the chef's if I could have my bill , overall worth the money would visit again if in the area

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner arrived at 9pm and was seated almost instantly, relatively quiet, being a Tuesday evening.
Drinks took 15/20 minutes to get to our table. After 45 minutes of waiting for our food I approached the waitress (who had just asked us if she had taken our orders yet) and she told us they had only just started cooking our meals! I understand mistakes are made but it bothered me that they didnt even take the time to inform us the meal would be late. Walked out with no intention of returning

Whitbread_CS, Customer Service at Cookhouse & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Hi Andy,

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant.

We are sorry to hear about the disappointing experience you had with us recently due to the service you received.

We pride ourselves on the great service and quality of food we provide and so it is sad to hear you were let down by the time you had to wait for your drinks to arrive and then the wait time of your food to be cooked. We can certainly appreciate how frustrating this must have been for you as the team did not make you aware of the delay.

Please be assured this certainly isn't the usual standard for our restaurants as our team members do work hard to ensure every visit is perfect so we do apologise you were let down on this occasion.

We have ensured this feedback has been passed on to the General Manager to look into with the team and chef so that we can aim to prevent your experiences being repeated going forward.

Once again we are very sorry and hope that if you will give us another chance in the future to show you how great our service usually is.

Kind regards,

Rebecca, Cookhouse & Pub

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed at adjourning premier inn for a short break - ate here on numerous occasions during our visit due to the standard and quality of the food we had on our day of arrival.

All the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful - food was always hot - well presented and of a extremely high standard - as well as being very reasonably priced. Spotlessly clean as were the toilets and surrounding areas.

Can’t recommend highly enough!!

1  Thank jue2805
Reviewed 23 June 2018

Popped in for lunch with my friends and their lively 2 year old. We were quickly seated and had a fantastic view of Bridlington Bay and the Sewerby cliffs. There was a good choice of food and we took up the offer of 3 grazer plates as our starter. Fish and chips, sea bass and a truffle tart followed along with a pasta dish for our younger group member. All were tasty and filling, just what we needed for lunch. One of the stand outs for me though was the service. All the staff were great but our main waitress, Laura, was outstanding. She was extremely attentive, even going the extra mile to provide a doggy bag for the children's meal. She was also a natural with children bringing the toddler back when she got away from us. Can highly recommend and we will certainly be back.

2  Thank DarrenRedandwhite