“Go Here”
Review of The Plaza

The Plaza
Ranked #5 of 44 things to do in Stockport
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Have been here many times with friends and family. Always a lovely atmosphere. Great menu for light bites but especially afternoon tea. Don’t be in a rush and enjoy the Art Deco surroundings. Great staff and good value for money.

All reviews
in 15 reviews
"behind the scenes"
"volunteer staff"
in 6 reviews
"like stepping back in time"
in 9 reviews
in 10 reviews
"comfortable seating"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Came here with my sister last night to Disco Fever. What an absolutely night it was. Everyone was up on there feet dancing in front of there seats. The performances was just epic from The legend of Barry White who was just spot on to soul sister and Le Freak. One awesome night it was. Will be coming back to see Disco Fever again.
The plaza it self is brilliant, kept clean and looks very lovely inside plus all the staff that word there where all pleasant and very friendly.

1  Thank davidside1985
Reviewed 11 September 2018

visited last saturday to see mr- bloom on stage this a beautiful theatre which has been restored to its full magnificence it is kept imacculate and is a pleasure to visit.the staff are a credit to themselves all pleasant and helpful

one problem, we purchaced 2 mr bloom hats for the children aged 5 and 2 someone stole them from under our seats, this is NOT the theatres fault but in any place of entertainment keep a hand on your property

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

I booked afternoon tea for 3 of us for my birthday a week and a half in advance. I specified that two of us would be wanting the vegan option. I also called 3 days beforehand to double check they had noted that there would be two vegans and to make sure they got whatever stock they needed in. This was for my birthday and I had a limited time in Manchester as I’ve moved to Cardiff.

My friends and I showed up only to be told the vegan sandwich options would be salad. Basically just the ingredients they put on other sandwiches without the meat. They hadn’t done any preparation. They hadn’t bought any ingredients in despite all the warning and they nothing in the way of an explanation.

Apparently they did have one vegan cake there but we had booked for the plaza afternoon tea which should have been a ‘selection of cakes’ and they didn’t have vegan cream or butter for the scone.

Furious is not the word. We were then stuck in the lunchtime rush trying to find a vegan option for me to eat on my birthday. Very very poor.

3  Thank Amy C
See more reviews
Reviewed 31 August 2018

Went to the Plaza today to see 'The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.' Beautiful Art Deco cinema. Wonderful film. Day marred by being moved from the two back rows, together with two other disappointed and angry ladies after being told they were 'directors seats' and would cost us an extra £10 per person. The seats were no different to the other seats in the cinema and there were no notices to this effect. By this time the film was due to start and we had no choice but to move to seats near the front and to the side which was not the best of places. The back rows remained empty throughout. It is sad the class and financial divisions still prevail. IF directors had actually been present of course we would have moved of the seats were allocated to them. They were not present but the peasants were duly kept at a distance and this peasant has a cricked neck.