All reviews open sandwich wedding venue special occasion wedding breakfast small portions between courses beef christmas lunch a great evening pudding fish and chips manchester city centre young staff pleasant staff lovely meal bar area following morning
Reviewed 2 January 2016

Wow what a great evening. We were a party of 7 people for New Years Eve. We were not sure what to expect as we were not too impressed with the menu as there was no choice for a different starter if you didn't eat fish like me. My friend rang the White Hart and an alternative course was offered. The food was extremely good and so was the service. There was a group on during the evening, who were fantastic, they played the Beatles music, and a lady singer who sang two Cilla songs (I must say she was a better singer then Cilla). Most peopke got up and danced and as most new the words to the Beatles songs, everyone was singing. Well done to the staff at the White Hart you made our New Years Eve, as one of my friends said ' that was the best New Years Eve we have had in a long time'.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda H
Reviewed 1 January 2016 via mobile

We stayed in a spacious family room for a few days break over New Year. The room 11 had a large King Size bed and 2 singles with plenty of space to move around and views of the church opposite.

The only disappointment in the room was the tiny TV positioned high on the wall in the corner of the room. A room of that size required a much bigger facility.

The bathroom was clean and there were Molten Brown toiletries that were replenished on 2 days of our 3 day stay ( for some reason?). The layout was okay, but required more space to lay out toiletries as personally I don't like putting bottles over the back of the toilet for obvious reasons.

There was lots of hot water and a decent shower over the bath.

Breakfast was a basic buffet of cereals on 2 mornings and the same items were served from the kitchen on another morning.

There was a log fire 1 morning, but not the other 2.

The cooked breakfast was nice on 2 of the 3 mornings and the gentleman serving breakfast cheerful and efficient.

The main disappointment was that, although room service offers sandwiches until early evening, my request for one for my child, within the stated time frame, was refused by the chef. He would not do us a plain chicken, ham, beef or any sandwich or bread roll, or even some dry toast. I offered to go down to collect the dry toast, but it was refused and a bag of crisps offered instead. Not really what we expected, as we then had to try and get a hungry child to sleep. The reason for the refusal was that it was busy in the restaurant.

Overall, the place is okay, but in terms of an accommodation offering lacks consistency, which is important, however busy, or quiet, that you are.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 December 2015

Having been here for a few years on the trot for our Christmas party I felt I needed to write this review & share how nice the food was as usual.
Every year we have the Christmas carvery & it really is absolutley exquisite. I had the goats cheese to start, the carvery &then cheese & biscuits platter. Absolutely gorgeos, hot, tasty & very fresh.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Justtrace
Reviewed 12 December 2015 via mobile

Having only eaten here once before and not being that impressed we thought we would give it another go.

We ate from the normal evening menu, the starters were good....4 out of 5 of us ordered the steak...there was an issue with one steak which wasn't ideally dealt with...however a new one was promised. Unfortunately it didn't arrive until everyone else had completely finished their meals. Surprising for a rare steak with only watercress on the plate....also came with a flavoured butter all over it that was never ordered. Chips came in and separate bowl and while my friend was still tucking into these all our plates were cleared along with hers despite her having chips left and her obviously chewing something. Basics!

Sweets were good and the drinks flowed.
Aside from clearing early the waitresses were friendly and helpful.

With a bill of well over £300 we were dissapointed overall and will not return feeling we may be happier elsewhere.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 November 2015 via mobile

Celebration held in the Library. A perfect setting for a Sunday lunch with 16 friends. Staff extremely professional and attentive throughout the afternoon. Children catered for and made welcome. The food was amazing quality. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: November 2015