“Beware Standards have dropped massively !!!”
Review of Indish

Indish
Ranked #30 of 309 Restaurants in Oldham
Price range: US$16 - US$66
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Well well well where do I start ? I’ve been going Indish for the best part of 5 years and class it as one of my ‘banker’ restaurants I.e. It never fails to deliver fresh quality tasting food.

We got a couple of popadoms and the usual dips whilst waiting and the red onions were warm and dry and tasted stale like they were old I instantly knew something is wrong.

Then my mixed grill starter came and it tasted like it had been microwaved I’m pretty sure it must have been the chicken and lamb were tough and dry and the sheesh kebab was like rubber, if that wasn’t bad enough my lamb chop was inexcusable as the bone at the bottom still had 2inch of gristle running all the way up to the meat at the top and was dry and disgusting I couldn’t believe I was in the same/usual restaurant it was that bad. I ordered keema rice and and chicken chilli masala main and again it was dreadful seriously I’m not overplaying this something’s gone drastically wrong in this place. The keema rice had no taste let alone taste bad it just simply tasted of nothing I’m still in shock. To top it off my partner had her usual Penacolada cocktail and that wasn’t right even after they tried to make it twice.

After our meal the guy from reception asked us if everything was alright and I told him everything I’ve written here and he said he’d sort us out next time. No good mate £50 meal that was left and horrible from start to finish is somewhere I will never go again I’m just hoping I don’t get poorly. Like the headline says BEWARE this is no longer the Indish I knew and loved !!

I asked if it was under new management but they assure me it wasn’t so I’m mystified as to what’s happened to the quality of this place in the space of a couple months.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

I’ve been in most Indian curry houses in Chadderton and Oldham but you just can’t beat Indish for food, atmosphere and quality. Never ever had a bad meal from this place and the staff are great. Eat in or take away you just can’t beat it. Keep up the good work for all the staff your doing just great.
Frank

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Visited Indish Restaurant with family for a meal and came away very satisfied.....

Being an Foodie and an Asian, Indish is my local for good food and ambience....not to forget the good service from the staff who make the experience complete. The waiting staff are courteous and helpful..... and I was able to place order with spice level to suit my taste buds. Food portions are adequate,,,, routs are massive.... and a good mix of dishes to suit any kind of Indian cuisine lover.

The service was good, music was ok and food, the purpose of our visit was tasty.... what more is needed from a restaurant????

Reviewed 11 June 2018

I hated ht fact that last time they sat us by the singer but the table was also nearest to the bar where they have loud music on so I could hear both, hence I could not hear any one in our party!
This time same loud music and felt I was in a night club. For older people as myself I want to be able to talk to people in the lounge area before seating. But sure young people love it (and even older ones who don't moan about loud music!)
The food was better this time but my partner doesn't eat curries so had chicken and chips, the chicken looked plastic it was that dried out. Def would not recommend. He left half of it. Th chilli chicken and was lovely. Due to the size of the party of 20 they offered us choice of main, with set starters and poppodoms for £20 each so helped when paying the bill!

Reviewed 6 June 2018

We have eaten here several times and each time the food has been lovely. It's always hot, cooked well and nicely presented. The portion sizes are good too. The restaurant is lovely and the staff are always really nice and friendly. My one very very small criticism is that the music can be a tiny bit too loud at times and you sometimes can't have a conversation. It's a great place and s always pretty full so is very popular. Would definitely go back here anytime