Reviews (1 109)
1 109 results
All reviews murder mystery afternoon tea conservatory bar hot tub lovely grounds lovely hotel for sunday lunch executive room lovely room staff were attentive bed and breakfast waiting staff night stay couldn't do enough evening meal buffet style from start to finish
33 - 38 of 1 109 reviews
Reviewed 13 September 2018

A fabulous night spent at the Southcrest tonight celebrating Mum and Dad's Diamond Wedding Anniversary ! Many thanks to Matt and his team particularly Chloe and Aaron who looked after our table of 20 so well. Superb food all served quickly with attention to detail. Nothing was too much trouble ! So good to know that this standard of customer service is still evident. Thank you so much...we will be back. Kevin and Alison

• Trip type: Travelled with family
The_Southcrest_Manor, General Manager at The Southcrest Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Dear kevali2018,

Thank you so much for the lovely 5 star review! I'm delighted to read your comments and will be sure to pass them onto the rest of the team, especially Matt, Chloe and Aaron who looked after you so well.

I do hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Just stayed for two nights. Friendly welcome and very efficient booking in process, only a few minutes from reception to arrival in room. The room was spacious with very large comfortable bed. All the usual features, tea making/iron and board/hairdryer/wall mounted TV. Large bathroom with shower over bath, where you can take a soak and relax, plenty of hot water. The restaurant menu had a good choice to suit all tastes and the portions were of a good size, the food was excellent. Aaron and Chloe were an asset to promoting the restaurant service in the hotel.Conservatory and terrace area overlooking the gardens where you can relax with a drink from the bar or take tea/coffee. Buffet style hot and cold breakfast, all food was tasty. Small gym and sauna available or relax in the hot tub (Best to book time).Spa treatments also available. Ample parking spaces with identified spaces for disabled next to hotel entrance. Free Wi Fi, which was intermittent on occasions. All the staff were friendly and engaging. Well worth returning to.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve16588
The_Southcrest_Manor, General Manager at The Southcrest Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear Steve16588,

Thank you so much for the 5 star review! I'm so pleased to read your comments and will certainly pass them onto the rest of the team.

I do hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Wow wow wow what can I say what a fantastic stay with fantastic staff!

On arrival we were booked in and given
Our key to our room, which was amazing its a beautiful large room, which over
Looks the main grounds it was situated in the main Building.

We were lucky enough to have a Tassimo
coffee machine, along with a Iron/Ironing board , plus fan and hairdryer In the room ,also complementary elemis products in a very generous sized bathroom!!!!

We explored the hotel and grounds, then spoke to the ladies in reception where we were able to book a sauna which was a real treat.

On our first evening we had a three course meal In the restaurant, the food was out of this world ,all nicely presented and freshly cooked! What a talented chef and our complements were sent to him for both of our evening meals .

Our first nights sleep was lovely until 12.10 at night our room was attached to a function room where a baby shower had taken place that day, the night porter had decided to close the windows with a almighty slam, I woke up with the noise & I lay there for a while and then drifted off again only to be woken up by a loud bang bang ,bang , noise which continued for 20/30 mins, I deduced it was possibly somebody hoovering and the banging was like a hoover head hitting the skirting boards, I also had a feeling this person has earphones In, as the noise was loud.

I was about to call down to reception,when the noise stopped but I then lay there for a good hour (I Looked at my watch.)

I drifted off, again only to be disturbed at 6.30am by the cleaners accessing there cleaning room with the door banging, sadly!!!!

We went down for breakfast and I mentioned it to the receptionist she was great (I believe her name was Rachel) what a lovely lady We both worked out it was the night porter who was oblivious to the fact that somebody was in our room while cleaning the function room.( with headphones in)

My husband and I booked the jacuzzi for later that day and went off to the Kingfisher shopping centre, never been there before it’s massive and a great place to shop.

On return we popped our shopping back to the room and changed to our trainers and walked the grounds and also the woods and lake,it was a peaceful and sunny afternoon walk.

On arrival back we had a drink on the patio and looked out over the grounds it was so tranquil and relaxing.

Time for our slot in the jacuzzi we loved it as it was so quiet we had two hours in there it just topped our few relaxing days off !!!!

One of the lovely therapists popped out and asked if we were ok which was lovely

The restaurant staff were brilliant there was a great member of staff ( we called him two soups and little red riding hood) we did share the joke with him and he was great sport and had a Laugh about our observations and hasn’t realised until we said .

Another member of the evening restaurant staff was a Petite lady ( who has a 2yr old daughter) sorry I can’t remember either names but great staff so deserve a mention , I’m sure management know who they are

The breakfast staff were also great a lovely lady with long brown hair ,white shirt , black jacket stood out she took our names on entrance to breakfast , once again polite efficient and extremely kind .

Also a mention of the super efficient and great front of house receptionists Beverley & Rachel, who are another credit to the great team.

Can not highly recommend The Southcrest Manor Hotel enough.

One piece of advice if you want one of the fantastic afternoon teas book as soon as you arrive

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Socks2014,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I'm absolutely delighted with your comments and am so pleased you had a thoroughly enjoyable time whilst staying at the hotel. I will be sure to pass your comments onto the rest of the hotel team who I'm sure will be as pleased as I am.

Apologies for the overly enthusiastic Night Manager when completing his nightly checks! However I'm glad this didn't spoil your stay.

I do hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future!

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

I visited the Southcrest Manor Hotel on Saturday 1st September for a friends wedding reception.
The hotel is lovely, set within beautiful ground which we were able to take advantage of because it was such a warm evening.
The rooms for the wedding were done beautifully & the food served was very good.
The staff as always were very friendly but also efficient & professional & worked well as a team.

I did not stay overnight on that occasion but I had stayed the previous Sunday when I had visited the hotels ‘Beer Festival’. Despite the dreadful weather, it poured with rain for a large part of the day, the festival was a huge success. The variety of drinks in the beer tent was excellent & the staff very friendly.

We had booked two rooms on this occasion, a twin standard room & a superior both of which were of a very high standard. Large comfortable beds, very good sized rooms & en suite bathrooms. The breakfast the following morning was very enjoyable & the staff ensured there was plenty of food available at all times.

I would certainly recommend the Southcrest Manor Hotel to friends & family, hence the 5 stars.
Well done to all the staff, I will certainly be visiting again.

Linda

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Linda B
The_Southcrest_Manor, General Manager at The Southcrest Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear Linda,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a wonderful 5 star review. I'm delighted to read your comments that you not only enjoyed yourself at your friends wedding but you also enjoyed our annual beer festival...despite the rain!

Your comments will of course be forwarded to the rest of the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

As a party of 7 we arrived at the Hotel late afternoon for a evening wedding reception, we did encounter a issue regarding the rooms and can comment that the young lady on reception was great in sorting out the issue without any fuss, Our rooms were clean and a reasonable size especially the family inter connecting room also one of our rooms had a 100% accessible disabled wet room on the ground floor very close to reception and all amenities and was perfectly fine.

The hotel it self was in a good spot with great views and very presentable.

The grounds were ideal for the kids to explore in a safe environment.
From the reception staff, bar and waiting staff on the evening they all gave very good polite service all night.
The breakfast was a buffet style and was topped up with fresh items regularly, great that when asked about vegetarian options the member of staff explained if we would like to order any vegetarian option chef would cook it fresh for our veggie member, great to have that offered, overall a really great stay.

Room tip: Ask for ground floor
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank lastchanceagain

Dear lastchanceagain,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback after your recent experience at the hotel. I'm so pleased to read your comments and will be sure to pass them onto the rest of the hotel team.

I do hope to welcome you back again very soon.