All reviews the pub car park stayed here water mill pub next door travel lodge free parking the hotel manager breakfast box reception staff clean rooms ring road no air con short stay west midlands safari park town centre accessible room
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Tranquil location with free parking and walkable to shops along pretty, well-frequented canal path.

Clean, comfortable sleeping arrangements and rooms.

Friendly staff very informative about what there is to do in the area etc

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jessenmurcia
Reviewed 26 June 2018

We arrived after a busy day. Check in was quick and easy and we were given the information we needed. Bedroom and bathroom very clean! We stayed as we were visiting the West Midlands Safari Park and will be returning to both here and the staying at the travelodgeb

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jessica W
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Stayed for three nights was very welcoming and friendly by staff, clean and comfortable.
Good food and value for money at the The Water Mill a gastro pub opposite the hotel.
Supermarket within walking distance and 10 mins walk to city centre.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ericjones08
Reviewed 8 June 2018

About a mile from Kidderminster railway station although it seemed longer for reasons unknown but I won't hold that against the place as it can't help where it's located.

Dusk was rapidly appearing as it finally hove into view and I was relieved my yomp had finally been rewarded. Situated within in a tree lined area adjacent to the River Stour and next to a popular pub called the Watermill, it's a small Travelodge comprising a fairly new brick building of three floors. Plenty of car-parking space is available which no doubt pays dividends given the proximity of the main Kidderminster roads.

Reception greetings were friendly and courteous and I was soon in my ground floor room which was clean and adorned in the standard Travelodge house colours and style, including a small though functional desk, the usual kettle for one and the stanadrd small Travelodge television which, as with recent stays at various Travelodges, has the curious inability to access random, Freeview channels.

I think in the case of Kidderminster, channel 41 (Food Channel) was literally off the menu so no grub for me tonight, which is ironic as this theme continued when I went over the road to the Watermill at just gone 21:00 for some food and was informed, as I'd suspected as I'd only gone over more in hope than expectation, that food finished at 21:00. It was probably my fault anyway as why would anyone want to eat after 21:00? What was I thinking?

So, back to the room it was. I had the window ajar for the night as it was a lovely and warm Thursday May night but understandably heard some clunks from the car-park as that's what my room was facing. These were probably diners from the Watermill who'd managed to secure edibles before the food drawbridge was raised at 21:01.

I slept well although was awoken at about 06:45 by some people down the corridor who were clearly going somewhere work related and whose relentless conversation, laughing, multiple door closings and openings and general babble was seemingly undertaken without any consideration, regard or semblance of appreciation that other people on the wing might still be trying to sleep. Not the fault of Travelodge but it did irritate.

Pointless trying to get back to sleep so I was up and out by about 08:00 and returned to the station via a better route, along Park Lane, which has absolutely no Monopoly similarities but was a lot less challenging than negotiating the pedestrian subway of the A451 Ringway roundabout that I'd tackled twelve hours previously.

Overall, not a bad stay although £56.00 for what is a fairly basic Travelodge on a Thursday night is probably about the most I'd want to pay for the experience.

Room Tip: Not facing the car park.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Michael H
TravelodgeUK, Niki from The Social Media Team at Travelodge Kidderminster, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Your feedback is very important to us and thank you for submitting your review.

We're pleased that you found the staff to be friendly and your room to be clean and comfortable during your stay with us.

We strive to offer our guests a good night’s sleep and an enjoyable experience whilst staying with us. That is why we are sorry to hear that some internal noise affected the comfort of your stay.

We will make the most of your comments to continue improving the service we offer.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

Welcoming staff couldn't have been more helpful very clean room & good facilities We have booked for a further visit in the near future. The fact that there was a pub next door which served evening meals make the location of this travel lodge very good

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple