“Wow”

Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Marlborough
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Small, friendly fully licensed cafe/coffee lounge providing good quality homemade food and cakes. Customer satisfaction is paramount. Gluten, dairy free needs also catered for as are Vegan, vegetarian and carnivores.Please note we are a hands on , people loving business, dog friendly, however we are unable to take large groups due to health and safety and we choose a no reservation policy so that you may enjoy your visit with no time restrictions.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Wow been here before and we will be back we recommend the Fish Finger bap, the Carot and corrinder soup and the Blueberry and Lemon cake is excellent and the pot of tea too, even though down on staff (Easter Monday) did not have to wait long we love Marlborough

Hayleymercer, Owner at Mercer's of Marlborough, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to do a review, a change in menu for us and great appreciation for the fact we were short staffed, you are most welcome to visit us any time and thank you again , Hayley Gemma

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Very accommodating considering there were eight of us who all arrived at different times. Friendly and efficient staff. Cakes were amazing! ( especially the chocolate orange one)Good size helpings too. Omelettes to be recommended. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

This has the look of a slightly up-market coffee shop tucked away from the main street, we had a filter coffee, cappuccino and cake from the vast selection (see photo). Small and cosy. Friendly atmosphere - Quick, efficient and friendly.

1  Thank Branko V
Reviewed 9 March 2018

An unexpected day off, a few hours visit to Marlborough in search of some vinyl. In need of coffee and some cake, popped in to Mercer's (my first ever visit I believe) and was immediately wondering which of the many delicious looking cake varieties would be my choice. My eyes fell on the one with the slightly imperfect aesthetic, which somehow looked more delicious than the others. Because it was a new vegan recipe and imperfect, there was some initial reluctance to let me have a slice, but I talked them into it. Oh my word! What a delight it was! Lemon and blackcurrant, it was just the thing on a chilly, grey, winter morning. The blackcurrant had a winter warmth to it, soothing and making me glad to be indoors, whilst the lemon hinted at both summers past and those to come; reminiscence and wishful thinking in the one slice of cake. It was perfectly moist too, just subtly hinting at a winter pudding, whilst also aiding the fresh, cleansing of the lemon. With prompt service that was professional and personable, my coffee break was a little piece of heaven and put me in an even better mood than before. It was a pleasure to have stopped off and soaked up the peaceful atmosphere at the time and taste this fine cake. The coffee that washed it down had a little extra something about it too, rich, smooth and delivering a pretty near perfect hot beverage experience. A believer in giving credit where credit is due, I spoke to the lovely lady who had made the cake and she graciously donated the least aesthetically pleasing slice to me to take home. I was touched by the warmth and generosity of this gesture, which was far greater than my few words of encouragement deserved. Not everyone will get to go home with a free slice of cake of course and that's not what has driven me to wax lyrical about my experience. No, it was the quality of the service, the food and drink and the humility that I experienced which drove this review. Quality that happened out of love and passion to do the best possible and share it, a home made, home spun warmth that you just don't get with the chains. My visit made me feel glad to be alive, right there and then and in that very spot, to have that experience and to realise just what wonderfully creative, passionate and entrepreneurial people we have in this country. A real feel good experience that was not expected from a stop for coffee and cake. Inspirational!

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Travelling back from a day out at Stonehenge, we stopped in Marlborough. As it was after 3pm, there was only a few independent coffee houses open. Mercer's offer delicious cakes. I had banana and toffee, while Mrs. W had orange polenta cake. You can't linger over coffee as the are quite small Italian sized coffees, but they cost a lot more than €1.10
Table service. Clean loo. Dogs are permitted (shame).