Reviews (1 252)
1 252 results
All reviews bybrook restaurant the cottages afternoon tea the main house michelin star tasting menu junior suite four poster bed gin bar beautiful hotel grounds are stunning walk in shower cottage room special occasion picturesque village wedding guests luxury hotel
108 - 113 of 1 252 reviews
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Surprise birthday treat and what a surprise! I felt like a film star from start to finish! Our accommodation was out in the cottages which were modern rooms with all those amazing extras. My partner arranged for champagne on arrival in the room and then presented me with a golfing package with lessons with the golf pro there. The gin bar was rather pricey but you are paying for the surroundings in the main house. We walked in to the village which is only 2 mins and went to the local pubs there. You can understand why there are so many tourists and why this village is used for film sets - it’s stunning! The golf club is absolutely amazing and the staff are just adorable! So helpful and customer sevice at its best. Mark Sealey Manager of the golf club has got it spot on with his personality and his staff. Andy, Bass, and especially Mike who has been teaching me to play golf are so professional and so encouraging. I am having a ball being part of this club. My partner is a member and Martin and I often now spend our Friday afternoons and early eves up at the club. The course is beautiful and challenging and one day soon I will manage to hit my ball off the first over the top of that mound!! Second hole is beautiful with the water running through below.... this place is a must!

Date of stay: April 2017
Stephen-Manager, General Manager at The Manor House Hotel and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Dear Rachel B,

Thank you for the lovely comments and I am so pleased you enjoyed your time with us at both the Hotel and the Golf Club.

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

Wonderful hotel for a short stay, especially if celebrating a special occasion. Our trip, ( a special offer) included a meal at the Michelin starred, Bybrook restaurant, and with a small supplement you could upgrade to the Taster Menu, which I would encourage you to take, as the meal was a tastebud sentation; together with the optional add on wine flight, chosen by the most knowledgeable Oliver, ( a trainee sommelier) it enhanced the meal beautifully. Superb grounds surround the hotel, great for walking and exploring, and the various accommodation, beautifully furnished and decorated, and all individual, either in the main hotel or rooms in the cottages, a short walk from the main hotel, were exceptionally quiet and ensured a good nights sleep. Delightful cosy lounges abound with roaring fires and small hidden nooks and crannies with seating and board games make for such a restful stay. Very friendly, attentive staff, but not overly intrusive, made for a wonderful stay.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear ahappytraveller2,

Thank you for your lovely review of your time with us, and I am so pleased you had a good stay.

I know Oliver will be delighted.

I hope we get chance to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

We stayed here at the beginning of February 2018 for our 25th Anniversary, and were treated like royalty! Champagne in the room, the staff couldn't do enough for us. Fabulous room, Brown's Ground, we asked for traditional with seating area and a view and that is what we got plus oodles of character and a four poster! Lovely log fires in reception area and bar, lots of lovely little rooms to get cosy in as well as the main lounges and bar. Excellent breakfast, lovely veggie sausages provided on request. Gorgeous grounds. A couple of minutes walk down the drive to the lovely village of Castle Coombe itself with 2 pubs, the Castle and the White Hart, plus we went for a good walk to the other White Hart further away at Forde. It was a memorable stay and we would like to thank all the staff for making it so lovely for us.

Room tip: If you like traditional, spacious, good views, go for Browns Ground
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank LesleyinWales

Dear LesleyinWales,

Thank you for the lovely feedback and I am so pleased you had such a good time.

It was great to hear say such nice things about the staff, because without a great team we couldn't achieve what we do.

I hope we may see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

We visited with friends The Manor House Hotel at Castle Combe.
We were there to celebrate our friends 50th birthday, this was a surprise stay for our friends, and the first time they have visited the hotel.

We have stayed before and each time it never looses its WOW factor.
We were lucky enough to stay in the plush suites, which were incredible, we stayed for 1 night, dinner bed and breakfast, from checking in, to the meal in the Bybrook restaurant, (fantastic service and food ) and the breakfast the next morning, everything was just perfect.

Well done to all the staff that made our stay so enjoyable, we will be back.

For a special occasion this hotel and location cannot be beaten.

Room tip: Choose a plush suite
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Julian J,

We really appreciate your lovely comments and I know the team will be delighted.

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Afternoon tea has become a bit of an obsession of late for me and my husband and we have been to various places to indulge, but this has to be our best experience so far. From the glorious entrance to the house, to the overall setting of the room and excellent perfectionism of the waiting staff, we were impressed all the way. Beautiful range of speciality teas, glorious tasting cakes and sandwiches but The icing on the cake was the sweet touch of the Anniversary message on our plate. The unexpected gem is the warm cheese scone accompanied with mustard butter. Not often served on the experiences I’ve had but is definitely the defining cherry on top in this venue. It was to die for! Will definitely be returning very soon. Keep up the good work

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank claudiacR6549VD
Stephen-Manager, Manager at The Manor House Hotel and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Dear Claudia C,

Thank you so much for the lovely feedback and comments.

I am so glad you enjoyed your time with us and really looking forward to seeing you again soon.