“Lovely place to stay”
other travellers have booked this property
South facing, your own front door
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
South facing, your own front door
Smeg oven and gas top, dishwasher and washing machine.
Light and airy with a beautiful big bed
Architectural Study: Our Street
Another relaxed guest
On the walk to Jack Bridge - Heptonstall side
Coming down the Keighley Road
Emerging from Devil's Rock
A Hebden Bridge!
Mountain biker's love it!
The lovely canal
Cosy Hebden Christmas
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

800harrie...
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Lovely place to stay”
Reviewed 16 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

We stayed here for a weekend in August. The apartment is really handy for central Hebden, within walking distance of shops, park and cinema etc. The price was good and the apartment is really interesting inside, far better than a bland hotel room. It had real character with fascinating pictures on the walls, books to read, DVDs to watch and things to look at! Definitely recommend this place.

18 Aug 2016
Thanks for the lovely review Kate, I'm glad you a good time at No1 The Mill and Hebden Bridge. I'm really glad you thought the price was good too, this year in particular we are trying to keep costs low and grow our regular visitor base, so please do come back and ask for a regulars discount. Thanks again.
ELAINE B
“Lovely clean modern apartment , ideal location and very quite”
Reviewed 29 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

The apartment is in an ideal location being right near shops and the canal for walks, i went with my friend and could of done with a sofa bed downstairs having just one bedroom, other than that it is a lovely apartment

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location
Travelling group: Friends
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
30 May 2016
Hi Elaine, thanks very much for your review and your booking in No1 The Mill, a home from home in Hebden Bridge.

I have thought about having a sofa bed but as the place is open plan I thought the sleepers in different rooms might disturb each other, so I bought that big squashy Laura Ashley sofa instead, which people do like a lot. We do have a futon mattress upstairs for kids to sleep on though.

All the best, Nick
FAIRDO12
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Delightful”
Reviewed 11 November 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Did not quite know what to expect, despite exellent pics and description.
However we were not disappointed - quite the opposite, it was superb, well equiped in every way and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. My delight was the tv/ sound system, if only mine was so good ! Many thanks.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was different but iin a good way.
Liked least: Yorkshire weather,
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
19 Nov 2015
Thanks so much for your review, they really help other people make decisions and choices. I'm thrilled that you liked the entertainment systems, upstairs as you know we have an award winning Yamaha and Wharfedale system, and downstairs a sweet Tivoli system for the TV and iPods, all of which would be wasted without a great sofa to sink into. Thanks again and do come back to No1, a home from home in Hebden Bridge.
Ali M
“Home from Home (but better !!!) was my 2nd stay, 3rd already booked”
Reviewed 5 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015

I absolutely adore Hebden Bridge, it's full of quaint and quirky shops, some fabulous and unusual buys to be had here, lot's of home crafts and imaginative gifts and treats. I love the fabulous walks along the canal path, the cafe's, pubs and restaurants all offering something different, no 2 days were alike. I have had the most wonderful week - again - and this is in no small part down to my wonderful stay at No 1. It has fulfilled all my wishes and more, I feel right at home from the second I walk in, you want for nothing, and it's filled with books, unique artwork and interesting artefacts to keep you occupied if the weather isn't the best. You are just 20 minutes from Halifax / Howarth / Sowerby Bridge where Happy Valley was filmed ....... I could see the menacing Tommy Lee Royce on every corner !!
I have recommended No 1 to so many people that I now find myself struggling to find free weeks, but what can I say, No 1 is a jewel in the crown of Hebden Bridge !!!

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 50-64
30 May 2016
Thanks so much for this cracking review. The BBC keep coming back, so more and more people are going to see baddies on every corner, it's great exposure for Hebden and nothing like our reality of course.

One thing has changed since Alison's review, we now have a new cleaning team, and they are doing a sterling job, plus lovely new bed linen and towels. We look forward to having you return for your third visit.

Best wishes
Nick
Fowler195...
York, United Kingdom
“lovely apartment, shame about the cleanliness”
Reviewed 23 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

On arrival No 1 looks great, good assortment of leaflets and beautifully furnished.
Unfortunately it had not been cleaned thoroughly and the last straw was a long hair on the pillow. We only stayed 1 night out of the 2. Nick the owner has been most helpful.

Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: location
Liked least: cleanliness
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
1 Sep 2015
I have spoken with the reviewer at length before she wrote this review and the comment about the hair is not a surprise, however the reviewer's courteousness is welcome, and I am grateful to TripAdvisor for the opportunity to respond.

I have discussed the review with my cleaning team, Pennine Eco Clean in Hebden Bridge and they confirmed that the property was thoroughly cleaned prior to the guest's arrival and that had the guest asked them to return, at any time in their stay to conduct a further clean that they would have done so without quibble. I leave details of the local management team / cleaning team, plus my contact details in the property and we email this to guests in advance also.

After receiving this review I asked the next two guests by email (CB and JS) to monitor and comment on cleanliness for me, as part of my ongoing quality assurance, and was told by both guests that No1 was very clean, JS booked a further two weeks in May 2016 after his week in No1 and CB commented on 19th August:
"Thanks for the opportunity to stay in your marvellous hippy love pad again. Excellent. x...It was very clean, cannot see what the issue was".

So, in conclusion I am grateful for the review as it keeps us on our toes. Judging by the comments made by our reviewers and guests (on here and Airbnb), travellers remain very happy with No1, we are fully booked for 2015 and have booked 16 weeks next year already, so do book early in the knowledge that we take reviews and their content seriously, especially about cleanliness.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing