“Cool vibe. Tasty beer.”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Latin
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

We've been to SJDS several times, but have never been to Cerveceria. Tonight we decided it was time to try it. We went in for an early dinner and the place was empty. There was a band setting up to play some music, but we left before they began.
I ordered the Blonde Ale and my husband has the Wheat Beer. I loved mine.. he didn't care for his.
For dinner we had the nachos and 3 tacos. They were all yummy. The tortilla chips we're freshly made which was awesome, but they toppings made them soggy. Lots of cheese and other goodies on top. I had the chicken taco.. it wasn't anything special, but tasted fine. My husband had the fish taco and carnitas.. he liked both. Fresh corn tortillas, again.
The decor is beautiful and the back patio is a really great space.

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for an early cerveza with my family & we were 2 of the 4 total patrons in the bar. The bartender basically ignored us until we yelled at him from 3 feet away. The beer was crazy expensive & just ok, definitely not good enough for the volume of attitude we received.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Went twice during my visit. And there was a great atmosphere both nights. Open mic night was a lot of fun and drew a huge crowd. I especially liked the Panga beer, but would encourage getting a flight to find your flavour. The in house brews are more expensive, but you can balance your bill out with $2 pints of Victoria or Toña. Lovely little back patio as well. Worth the visit 100%.

1  Thank Darryl G
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Nice craft beer made onsite which is awesome in Nicaragua. If you get tired of drinking Toña/Victoria then this place is definitely up your alley but of course you’ll pay nearly three times the price of Nicaraguan domestic lagers.

Food was pretty good too. We had Caesar salad and the ingredients were very fresh.

Decor is really nice too and they had soccer on the tv so would be a cool place to come watch a game, but who comes to SJDS to do that?

Reviewed 31 March 2018

I have been to this brew pub a few times in the last few months and each time it gets worse. The staff are uncommunicative, if not entirely unfriendly, and the beer quality is average for the price which is at international rates. Would suggest the staff engage, and when you want the check best not be in a hurry. Even when empty it's like they are completing a tax return to get it to you. Perhaps there is a sense of entitlement that allows the staff to think they are too special to host their customers professionally!

Date of visit: March 2018