Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 August 2019

I stayed here for one night, on a Wednesday, and had a wonderful stay. The staff is very professional, providing great customer service. The room was spacious and the private terrace overlooking the beach and ocean was very pleasant. The bathroom has hot running water, and all amenities one could wish for. The room has a safety deposit box, TV, and beds with firm mattresses. Very good value for money, and a complete continental breakfast is included in the rate.

Room tip: Beachview rooms
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2019 via mobile

Stayed at this quaint hotel at the beginning of a long road trip. Picked this place as they were dog friendly and were OK with our two medium dogs (some places are ok with one, but two?)
The rooms are big and nice and clean, the beds, very comfortable, had a wonderful night. Pleasantly surprised by the full bar service downstairs, wish we had more time to check out the restaurant.
Would stay again.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 April 2019

I currently reside in Canada and wish I stayed in Nicaragua longer, I say this because there is so much to do there and a lot of my family lives there. The weather can't be beat and this Canadian winter just doesn't want to end. Now for Hotel Alcazar it is for sure one of my top five places to stay and I've been all over the country, I've been as far as parts that are unheard of to even some Nicaraguans so it's fair to say I know the country well. I'll start with the transportation that is offered, if you can afford it DO take it and if you can't afford it find a way!! I know you can take local buses or hop in a shuttle but for comfort it's not worth it believe me I've been packed into a shuttle to go to Leon and ya it's not worth it the transportation with Alcazar is private and comfortable, and the driver was professional and made the time fly, by talking with me which I appreciated. The road to San Juan Del Sur is nice and smooth not as rugged as some parts of the country and there's a few towns you drive through so it is by no means a boring drive. Now for the hotel I was greeted by Nellie and Alfredo who honestly made the trip for me I was greeted with open arms and true hospitality Nicaraguan style. The hotel it's self is very clean from the outside to the inside and is a real good location just footsteps away from the beach.My room was clean and spacious with a balcony and I couldn't wait to begin to relax and unwind there. This hotel is in a great location with many restaurants around BUT I do need to say if you want to save money and not over pay check out "Sabores A Lo Nica " for traditional Nicaraguan food and a thank you to Nellie for telling me about this place. Before I wrap up this review I want to mention that I've noticed reviews have complained about the noise from the clubs in the area and make it seem like it's the hotels fault, it is by no means the hotels fault they do their best to compensate for it but again it's just something out of their control also it's to be expected on weekends it's the same thing here in Canada if you live by nightclubs it's the same thing nothing new. I'd just like to end this review by saying I can't wait to go back to Nicaragua I miss it already and a big thank you to Nellie ,Alfredo and Laurna ( sorry if I misspelled any names) and the rest of the staff at Alcazar they all really contributed to the experience and I am looking forward to seeing them all again in the future hopefully soon. A little tip for anyone flying from Toronto to Nicaragua do not fly through the U.S.A it's nothing but headaches fly through El Salvador it's much more convenient and faster and less hassle at the airport. Safe travels everyone!

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank SFuerte360
Reviewed 7 April 2019 via mobile

We had an amazing time at the hotel Alcazar. The service was great with Alfredo Nelly Lorna and jocelina The rooms were big and you could hear the ocean from your bed. Everything was clean and modern with all great amenities. Breakfast was great but we would love for them to add eggs to the breakfast. So close to town in such lovely views for a great price definitely worth it’s The rooms were big and you could hear the ocean from your bed. Everything was clean and modern with all great amenities. Breakfast was great but we would love for them to add eggs to the breakfast. So close to town and such lovely views for a great price definitely worth it

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2019

Recently stayed at this hotel and I must say location was perfect. The photos are much nicer than the way this hotel looks. The pool is really the size of a Jacuzzi but its deep and not heated.

I stayed in room 407 and it was the room on the top floor with a terrace. The views were amazing. The AC is strong and loved it. the negative part about this room is that the winds make the roof shake all night.

The room did not have a ironing board or hair dryer so I had to request them however they only were able to provide a hair dryer.

The parking was private however around to the next block.

Breakfast was included however it was only continental and they don't have it out. when you arrive to the breakfast area they bring you a few items. Yogurt, fruit, croissant, coffee and juice. It was all good but I wish they had more to offer.

I know I mentioned so many things that might sound negative but overall the location and service and cleanliness is whats really important to me and that is why I give this place a 4 star review.

I would stay here again however I would ask for a room on the 3rd floor with a balcony. 304 or 306 are I believe the best rooms.

Room tip: 3rd floor rooms are the best balcony rooms. 4th floor room has the largest terrace
Date of stay: March 2019