eDreams
Hurb
Destinia.com
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 June 2019

We were looking for a decent place to stay the night as we traveled through SJDS. GF didn't want anything in the 20s and 70s was too much, so we landed on Barrio which was right in the middle.

The place was fine, nothing special, but its similar to most accommodations in this range that we've stayed at (we own a business in Nicaragua, so we are familiar).

Wifi was solid, and the service was good. It had been pouring for 4 straight days, and there was a small leak that was spreading along the grout in the tile. We let the front desk know and they came and cleaned it up, put a towel where the leak was and offered us another room, but we stayed since it wasn't major and was only one night.

We didn't eat at the cafe downstairs but have in the past. Don't remember how it was, but I remember it being average to very good.

Recap: for a mid-range (e.g. non-hostel, non-luxury) place in SJDS, this place is a good option....central to pretty much everything.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2019 via mobile

We didn’t sleep here, but came here for dinner. The place has a urban cafe vibe at the front - real espresso! But I was especially pleased to see the courtyard at the back. Filled with white wrought iron cafe tables, palms and a water feature. We had the fried cheese with tostones (fried flattened plantain slices), the tuna tartare and the avocado and white fish ceviche. The tostones were a little dry but came with nice salsa... everything else was unbelievable!! The ceviche was fresh and tart with just enough spice and creamy avocado to balance it out and the tuna tartare was tamari and sesame flavoured and totally delicious. I highly recommend this place!

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2018

This hotel has a great cafe in front with great breakfast. the rooms are nice with 2 queen beds in every room. Bathrooms are nice and recently updated. They do need to clean shower heads as the calcium builds up causing wild sprays. The staff are very friendly and helpful and helped me to enjoy my stay. Would definitely stay there anytime i go to sjds.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Comfy beds, friendly staff, great breakfast included and cute adjacent cafe. Location was in the center of town- couple blocks from the beach, surrounded by shops, restaurants, and bars. Cool hammocks and hang out areas both upstairs and down. I would return.

Date of stay: February 2018
Reviewed 3 June 2018

Very clean, helpfull staff, modern with great bar, aircon, wifi. It had all I needed. Great location in the center ut also quiet for sleep and close to the beach. Unfortunatelly I was leaving very early, i did not have the breakfast but I believe was great as all the rest. I appreciate the chill out zone on the top with view and hammocks.

Date of stay: May 2018