Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
eDreams
StayForLong
CheapTickets
All reviews private pool close to san juan location was perfect breathtaking views costa rica central america playa maderas yasser privacy paradise bnb property hosts nica jungle backpacking turtles
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 March 2020

Firefly Bar & Bistro – Villa Loma BNB Review
Relatively new on the scene of dining choices for San Juan del Sur and surrounding communities, Firefly Bar & Bistro is a must visit! Located a short drive from SJDS, in the mountain ridges of El Socorro, with breathtaking views of Costa Rica to the south and San Juan del Sur and Playa Maderas to the North. The only thing that compares with the views are the mouthwatering dining choices along with 5 star presentation, delivered exquisitely by hosts Yasser and Richard. A dining occasion not to be missed. One of the few dining experiences where all senses will be delightfully fulfilled.

Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 12 January 2020 via mobile

One of the best places I ever stayed in my life, and I’ve been fortunate to travel a bit around Nicaragua and many other beautiful places in the world. The first moment you set foot in the Villa, the hospitality and kindness of the hosts Yasser and Richard is remarkable. The whole Villa is gorgeous, they thought about every single detail, and the hospitality is incredibly warming. A big shout out to the chef, who prepared an amazing dinner, and a crepe suzette to die for, also the breakfasts were delicious.
Last but not least, the breathtaking view from anywhere you look, splendid location, close to San Juan by car, but far enough to feel the peacefulness of nature.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2020

We stayed at Villa Loma with another couple for 6 nights and we absolutely loved it! The view is stunning, Yasser and the staff are so welcoming and the food is outstanding. Honestly nothing to complain about. We stayed at the Bali Room and there is no AC, but it‘s not at all necessary. In contrary, it‘s good to get an extra blanket as it does get fresh during the night, especially with the wind. Definitely going back to Villa Loma!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2019

This is by far my favorite Nica experience in the ten years of living/working throughout the country. Food as fine as any five star gourmet restaurant in the world but the chef and genuine staff, views, gardens, experience is unmatched!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Karinda L
Reviewed 15 December 2019

We stayed one night in December on our trip through Nicaragua. Richard & Yasser were amazing to speak with and I definitely enjoyed the experience. The food was some of the best I have ever had. I am a seafood snob as I am from the Gulf Coast. The lobster special was truly one of the best meals ever. Whether you stay here or not, if you are in the area, definitely book dinner reservations as you will not be disappointed! The walk through the jungle the following morning was great. I am not a huge breakfast eater but I enjoyed mine. My colleagues loved the breakfast too!