Travelocity
eDreams
CheapTickets
Priceline
StayForLong
All reviews private pool close to san juan location was perfect breathtaking views costa rica central america playa maderas yasser privacy paradise bnb property hosts nica jungle backpacking turtles
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 January 2020

We stayed at Villa Loma with another couple for 6 nights and we absolutely loved it! The view is stunning, Yasser and the staff are so welcoming and the food is outstanding. Honestly nothing to complain about. We stayed at the Bali Room and there is no AC, but it‘s not at all necessary. In contrary, it‘s good to get an extra blanket as it does get fresh during the night, especially with the wind. Definitely going back to Villa Loma!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2019

This is by far my favorite Nica experience in the ten years of living/working throughout the country. Food as fine as any five star gourmet restaurant in the world but the chef and genuine staff, views, gardens, experience is unmatched!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Karinda L
Reviewed 15 December 2019

We stayed one night in December on our trip through Nicaragua. Richard & Yasser were amazing to speak with and I definitely enjoyed the experience. The food was some of the best I have ever had. I am a seafood snob as I am from the Gulf Coast. The lobster special was truly one of the best meals ever. Whether you stay here or not, if you are in the area, definitely book dinner reservations as you will not be disappointed! The walk through the jungle the following morning was great. I am not a huge breakfast eater but I enjoyed mine. My colleagues loved the breakfast too!

Reviewed 10 December 2019 via mobile

The property is beautiful, we stayed in the garden room which shared a lovely little pool surrounded by a pretty garden and sun loungers. The view from the terrace was stunning, a great place to sip a cocktail (recommend a Margarita!) whilst swinging in a hammock and watching the sunset. The dinner was incredible, all the dishes we tried were fabulous. Just sad we only stayed for 1 night so didn’t get to try the rest of the menu. Yasser and Richard were fantastic hosts, helping with travel plans both before and whilst we were there, including an amazing trip to see the turtles in Le Flor. Hope to be back for a longer stay next time.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RichardP3177, Owner at Villa Loma del Socorro Luxury Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2019

HI Fiona, Thanks so much for those kind words. The mediterranean restaurant is new and we are delighted you found the menu enjoyable! Please do come back soon!

Reviewed 26 November 2019

My husband and I came here for our 20th wedding anniversary. We searched for the perfect place to stay and found it at Villa Loma. Owners Yassir and Richard made us feel at home and helped us navigate the local culture and area. The B&B was romantic and beautiful with its gardens, spectacular view and thoughtful design. The area was very quiet and without light pollution at night. We stayed in the Gardenia and watched the amazing sunset from our porch.
We ended up eating supper at Villa Loma every night of our stay there. The chef made delicious food with something different every night. We are vegetarians and he made a special effort to accommodate this.
The location was perfect as it was a close drive to San Juan del Sur, Playa Hermosa and Playa Yankee but a short walk up the road and we saw White-faced and Howler monkeys.
Honestly, I have mixed feelings about leaving an honest review for this place because I love it so much that I don’t want anyone else to know about it.

Date of stay: November 2019

It was such a pleasure having you both and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our Chef, Don Jhonny enjoyed creating a custom vegetarian menu for you for you stay to make sure you didn't get bored with the pasta dish. He is a very creative Mediterranean chef and there are lots of great mediterranean vegetarian recipes that he can whip up! Please do come and visit us again soon!