Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews private pool close to san juan location was perfect breathtaking views costa rica central america playa maderas yasser privacy paradise bnb property hosts nica jungle backpacking turtles
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 December 2019 via mobile

The property is beautiful, we stayed in the garden room which shared a lovely little pool surrounded by a pretty garden and sun loungers. The view from the terrace was stunning, a great place to sip a cocktail (recommend a Margarita!) whilst swinging in a hammock and watching the sunset. The dinner was incredible, all the dishes we tried were fabulous. Just sad we only stayed for 1 night so didn’t get to try the rest of the menu. Yasser and Richard were fantastic hosts, helping with travel plans both before and whilst we were there, including an amazing trip to see the turtles in Le Flor. Hope to be back for a longer stay next time.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RichardP3177, Owner at Villa Loma del Socorro Luxury Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2019

HI Fiona, Thanks so much for those kind words. The mediterranean restaurant is new and we are delighted you found the menu enjoyable! Please do come back soon!

Reviewed 26 November 2019

My husband and I came here for our 20th wedding anniversary. We searched for the perfect place to stay and found it at Villa Loma. Owners Yassir and Richard made us feel at home and helped us navigate the local culture and area. The B&B was romantic and beautiful with its gardens, spectacular view and thoughtful design. The area was very quiet and without light pollution at night. We stayed in the Gardenia and watched the amazing sunset from our porch.
We ended up eating supper at Villa Loma every night of our stay there. The chef made delicious food with something different every night. We are vegetarians and he made a special effort to accommodate this.
The location was perfect as it was a close drive to San Juan del Sur, Playa Hermosa and Playa Yankee but a short walk up the road and we saw White-faced and Howler monkeys.
Honestly, I have mixed feelings about leaving an honest review for this place because I love it so much that I don’t want anyone else to know about it.

Date of stay: November 2019

It was such a pleasure having you both and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our Chef, Don Jhonny enjoyed creating a custom vegetarian menu for you for you stay to make sure you didn't get bored with the pasta dish. He is a very creative Mediterranean chef and there are lots of great mediterranean vegetarian recipes that he can whip up! Please do come and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 3 November 2019

Villa Loma is a fabulous piece of paradise with stunning views and everything you could want to unwind. Just loved the birdsong in the morning, the wonderful food on the terrace at the bistro, beach 10 minutes away, private pool if you don't want to move (and you may not!). So many wonderful little nooks and crannies on the property to sit with a book, relax with a drink, breathe in the tropical perfume. Attentive hosts and a warm Nica welcome from staff - the perfect blend of privacy and pride of service. Can't wait to return!

Date of stay: October 2019

And we cant wait for your return. We shall be ready and the sounds of nature all around will help you to relax once more!

Reviewed 21 October 2019

I ordinarily stay local for my birthday, but had a desire to getaway this year for a much-needed respite and deserved a trip of rest and relaxation. My home life can, at times, be quite busy and stressful, so getting away was imperative and just what I needed to reboot.

To be candid, initially, I booked a hotel elsewhere nearby; however, after further research and looking at reviews right here on Trip Advisor, I was impressed with the sort of reviews given to this hotel and was much like the kind of place I'd enjoy, given the kind of traveler I am. Best decision ever.

Listen, there is VIP, and then there is truly "very important person" -- from beginning to end, I was treated like that very important person. From the transportation provided all the way to the service provided in my last moments of sunbathing by the pool before departure, I was treated so well.

When I arrived, I was greeted by the warmest most welcoming smile, exuberant and authentic personality of Yassar (no title - he does it all). He offered me a cold essential oil-infused towel and a tall glass of hibiscus tea - ahh... right on time.

The room I was assigned was had plenty of light, airy, wonderful decor, which included tiles that were hand-painted by a local Nicaraguan artist. The bed was so comfortable. Best sleep in a long while. Simply Beautiful!

But let me tell you how the stars were aligned for me on this trip....they have just incorporated a new restaurant right on the property, and have commandeered what I will dub as a "culinary beast." Chef Don Johnny was previously head chef for high-end establishments and has now graced this hotel with his culinary prowess. What a lucky gal am I to have had this experience. His food, and I'm not exaggerating, had me speechless with every meal. All I could muster up was oooh, ahh, mmmm, wow. Genius in the kitchen. Perfection. Absolutely the highlight of my trip. I hugged him after every.single.meal.

Before I conclude, I can't neglect that the property itself was wonderfully crafted and designed.. but the views, especially the sunrise and sunset, were incredible. I received a massage, pedicure and manicure under the sunset. Fantabulous.

Both Yassar, Richard, supporting staff and all affiliated with this outfit treated me so well that it will be quite the challenge to top my experience. Other hotels need to take notes of their blueprint of superior service. Safe to say I will return again, again, and again. Highly recommend.

Room tip: Every room is unique. None will disappoint
Date of stay: October 2019
2  Thank Escape825587

What can we say?! It was such a blast having you stay with us and brighten up some of the rainy days you were here. Were so glad you enjoyed the food as one of our first guests to experience the new fine dining restaurant, the ¨Firefly Bistro¨as we have decided to call it! D.on Jhonny loved creating food for you and we cant wait for you to come back. Thanks so much for all your kind words! Love Richard and Yasser

Reviewed 19 September 2019 via mobile

Villa Loma del socorro was a beautiful place and very personable. The owners are there to take of your needs and always checking up on you. The breakfast is awesome. And the views from the room is gorgeous! I am definitely coming back here. They also help with setting up shuttles and rides. The room are clean they take very great care of their property and pool area.

Date of stay: September 2019