Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 April 2020

This hotel is without a doubt one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. I visted Arte Sano with my partner, we were blow away by the breathtaking views and loction, delicous food and drinks, gorgeous rooms with very comfy beds and top quaity bed linens, chilled out vibe, beautiful decor and art pieces everywhere and most of all the wonderful hospitality and service we received from all of the staff. Alma, Blana, Norlan, Jaikel and Horhey as well as all of the kitchen staff and maiencnce staff were just so helpful, cooking and serving us amazing food and drinks everyday, keeping the hotel and our room so clean and fresh! Everyone was so kind and really made our stay one that we will not forget. Thank you Arte Sano!

Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 21 February 2020

This place is so beautiful, the staff are super friendly and the food was amazing,freshly cooked and full of flavour. We loved it here and would totally suggest this as a must when you are in Playa Maderas.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2020

I dined here with my partner and it was fantastic. I enjoyed the best burger I have ever eaten and my other half thoroughly enjoyed her Pizza. Great service, great atmosphere, stunning place and delicious food!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2018

Amazing time at this property!!!! I found the local beaches both different and this hotel separates them on top of the hill. One beach remote and beautiful and the other full of life with surfers and travelers. The hotel is a contrast to the local hostels. King Bed, amazing food, such value, each item well thought out and delicious. Reasonably priced. This is also a location where Ex Pats gather. Every night a wonderful collection of local eclectic people. This hotel is well run and the owner Josh is often seen around the property. The employees are warm and friendly people. I highly recommend this location due to the location ( near two local beaches, one peaceful and one more surf oriented. both are awesome in their own right. The great comforts, infinity pools, bedding, air-conditioning, service and food. espressos every morning or smoothies at lunch. then a nice group of international travelers and mix of expats that make the atmosphere really fun. I look forward to staying here again.
I was on a single, solo trip motorcycling and the combination made for a great stay, and so many warm interactions.

Room tip: get a rental vehicle, motorcycle or car as its a few miles into town or a healthy walk to the beaches.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 May 2018

Spent the evening at the restaurant with a small group of friends recently & we liked the vibe. The view sets up a beautiful setting for dinner/drinks. The menu is pricey however you're paying for the nice quality of the food and cocktails. We had an assortment of the meal options and were pleased with all! The wait is neither a quick turnaround or too long - it's the type of spot you go to relax, have a drink & your plates will come out in due course.
What we weren't pleased with however was how the bill was handled. When we received the bill and gave our cards, Nicole (who attended to us), went "sheepishly": this is bit awkward to say but heads up the tip is not included. We asked the suggested tip and she said "well that's up to you but typically 15% - 20%" (now...let the suggestion that 20% is typical sink in, folks). First red flag. Well, should be, ha!
We discussed amongst ourselves and decided we'd give what we thought was a generous & reasonable 15%. Two of us each indicated - please add 15% please! (not 1, but 2ppl)
Well. She comes back with a pen, a bill with a charge of + 20%, and a lovely smile.
We signed. Quite aware of the discrepant action but unwilling to make an issue of it. You know how weird this scenario can get ESP when you're in a group...(ummm... is that my bold New Yorker persona rapidly creeping away at that very crucial moment!)
Which is what people who do this are banking on. Or, that you are too drunk to notice. It's dishonest & a real shame.
So. A very disappointing way to end what was otherwise a lovely evening filled with laughs and that 'joie de vivir!' that Nicaragua inspires. I don't recommend that you not check this spot out, but just be mindful when it's time to take out your wallet. Also, I did not experience any of this sneaky business at the other eating establishments I frequented in Nicaragua, so not to worry about this type of problem in general, the Nicas are great!

Date of stay: April 2018