Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$68
eDreamsUS$68
Agoda.comUS$68
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Set on the promontory to the south of the main surf beach in the San Juan Del Sur area, Playa Maderas, this converted luxury family home is a superb place to stay and even show up just to eat and pick up a yoga session. It's adults only with two pools and incredible views over the Pacific, ideal for romantic couples or those wishing to escape the yahoos of San Juan Del Sur 13km to the south or the crowds on the surf break below. The staff is an eclectic mix of Nicaraguans and Americans from North and South (Canada to Argentina), and suitably sophisticated for the location. Great drinks, great food and only six rooms so make sure you book well in advance but not when I want to come back with my girlfriend!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank guerrerot
Reviewed 21 March 2018

I made a reservation at this hotel for 2 nights, and less than 24 hours later, my flight from NYC to Nicaragua was cancelled due to the winter storm blizzard that is currently pounding the city. Thus I had no way of reaching the hotel since I am stranded in NYC. The hotel did not show any understanding of the situation and has decided to charge me half of my stay for something entirely out of our control (something that neither of the other hotels I'd booked for my stay did). I had planned to try to stay here when I was able to rebook the flights for a later date, but now I will certainly not be doing so. There are plenty of better businesses out there.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank VanessaTheNomad
Reviewed 14 March 2018

Arte-Sano is a beautiful hotel in an incredible location. The staff was very hospitable and kind - they even let us check in early since we arrived much earlier than our check-in time. The space is beautiful: large and clean rooms, two infinity-like pools, large common spaces. The food and drinks are delicious but a bit expensive (breakfast is not included in the price). Overall, we had an amazing time. One thing to note is that the drive there is over an unpaved road (which I'm assuming will eventually be paved). The walk down to the beach is closer to a hike, since most of it is over a rocky path. A hotel is opening up next door, however, and they will most likely improve the path down. All of this being said, we would absolutely stay there again!

Reviewed 27 February 2018

We really enjoyed our stay here - it's romantic and feels exclusive.....but sometimes too exclusive. We almost got a vibe that we were not cool enough to be there, which was entertaining to us. The food was pricey, but every dish we had was delicious. We wish they would have included breakfast and coffee in the price of the room (and wish they had coffee available earlier than 7:30am). The views were amazing but it's a dusty, steep walk to get back up to Arte-Sano after walking down the hill to the beach. We love all of the little decor details and the art work everywhere. Note that no kiddos allowed here under 18!

Room tip: We had room 2 and loved it as there was a cool mural in the room, but the balcony / outside space was not very private.
Date of stay: February 2018
1  Thank AngelaC8232
Reviewed 14 January 2018

This is a small boutique hotel with excellent and inexpensive food and fabulous views. Beach access is walking via a jungle trail or driving on a dusty road. Need to plan beach trip, not just step out of your room. Beach was overrun with wannabee surfers. Watch out for the surfboards coming your way! Crowd was young (but no children) and some calm friendly dogs. Wifi is inconsistent and we had a brief spell of no water (broken pipe). Nice, welcoming management and service.

Room tip: Rooms vary. Rooms near the lobby are large and comfortable but open on to public spaces.
Date of stay: January 2018