“Margarita monday!!”
Review of Rojo Loco

Rojo Loco
Price range: US$4 - US$9
Description: Hello Everyone Rojo Loco is closed for two weeks for construction and maintenance. Here at Rojo Loco its our goal to give you the best on beach dinning experience no matter what the time of day. You can join us for our early bird breakfast menu from 7am to 10am. We have a brunch menu from 10am to 3pm and lunch and dinner menu available any time after 10am. We offer hookahs with fine herbal tobacco, sunset DJ sessions followed by beach bonfires, Tvs, beach parties and much much more. Come down to experience our award winning cocktails all made fresh and from scratch, our amazing sunset view, delicious handmade burgers and so much more. Team Rojo Loco looks forward to serving you in the near future!
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Can't ask for anything more than Sunday funday hare of the dog 241 margaritas !!!! Lovely owner. Great view. Dead comfy seating

Rojo L, Owner at Rojo Loco, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Thanks for the review We love to make you happy!!! and who doesnt love Margs on Mondays!!! :)

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Rojo Locos is my favorite hang out in all of San Juan. I have been living here for just over two months and this is my everyday spot. Not only is it right on the beach but the layout is perfect. They have 9+ tables of various sizes (3 to 10 people per) 4-6 spots at the bar, a giant wrap around cushioned lounge, (hookah den style) and a tattoo studio parked out front. Yea I said parked, our friend Marlen does amazing work from his VW bus parked right outside the front door. Although he is not an official employee of Locos he has done most of the art on the walls and covering his studio.

The location is just a two to three minute walk from the central entry to the beach, and although it's very close the place is usually very chill with most of the clientele being business owners in the area looking to escape the absurdity of the gringo strip, couples looking for some time to enjoy a conversation and families and their friends to meet up for meals or gatherings. On Sunday the place is packed to the gills for the live bands they bring in and assorted electric music dj's/producers who throw parties at different intervals. The crew here, mostly local San Juan natives as well as Tory, from Boston and Angela, the owner from Canada, are all really down to earth and fun loving folk. They pay attention to the drinks and food they put out and have specials every day. Today is $1 taco day with beef, chicken and dorado (fish) tacos.

The music here is always on point and if you have some goodness of your own they are usually down to connect your device and put it on for a while. Myself and the hardcore local tribe are all pleasant and ready to help you out with tips for around town and the area and always interested in meeting new people. This Saturday they are having a burrito eating competition and I'll be representing the Rojo Local crew, pounding through 8lbs of beef burrito in 90 mins without bathroom breaks. Meanwhile Dj Izablu will be spinning some electro house to hard dub throughout the competition leading into a sunset dance party.

The crew here operate like a family and make everyone feel at home. I myself do most of my work online so the lounge is my hangout where I have my morning coffee and beers while doing my work and keep up with friends over their bangin wifi. This place is, to me, my office, my party spot and where I come where I need anything. Also their onsite security is one of my best friends. His name is Winston and he's one of the best dogs I've met. Sometimes when I get to the beach before sunrise I'll give a whilst eating and he'll wake up and jump in the ocean with me. If things are chill, as they usually are, he will come on a walk around the beach and town and check in with our friends and see what's stinkin. All in all I can say Rojos has everything I've ever wanted out of a business and I hope the cool folks who read this come down and hang out a bit. Peace

Rojo L, Manager at Rojo Loco, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Tim you freakin rock!!!!! This gave me goosebumps reading your review. Rojo staff could not be any happier you found us! As you know it is so important everyone feels at home and welcome when at Rojo Loco. We try to cater to everyone's needs and wants so we can provide the best possible service.

Like you said, we are so blessed to have such an amazing location! Nothing beats being right on the water and having incredible views for sunset.

We will see you soon:):)

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Rojo Loco is my favorite beach bar/restaurant in San Juan del Sur. Angela is the owner and is truly a Rockstar amongst the ex-pat community here!

I can highly recommend this location for sunsets and Angela will ask you as she does every sunset, "What was the best and the worst part of your day?", as you sip on a K.O. Approved ice cold cerveza or any of a long list of exotic adult beverages.

I always look forward to going to Rojo Loco and visiting with Angela and her crew at the beach.

Rojo L, Manager at Rojo Loco, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hola Rebellion Cigar:) thanks for your awesome review! As you know it is so important to us that everything who comes to Rojo Loco feels like family. We hope to see you for more sunsets in the future!!

Reviewed 21 March 2018

During our week stay we ate at least 1 meal a day here. Absolutely delicious!! Nothing was ever not to par! Huge portions, amazing menu and super friendly upbeat staff!

Sunsets are breathtaking and need to be seen.

Love the atmosphere and great food!

Breakfast was amazing and so cheap!!

Rojo L, Manager at Rojo Loco, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Hola Kelley, thanks for such an awesome review:) We are lucky enough to have an amazing location for sunset, and so happy we got to share it with you! Please come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

There is nothing better than these place i love it it has a nice environment to share with friends and families

Rojo L, Manager at Rojo Loco, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Hey Kevin, thanks for the review! Our mission to make Rojo Loco a welcoming, family like environment. Come back and see us soon!!!