Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$87
Hotels.comUS$86
eDreamsUS$87
PricelineUS$87
CheapTicketsUS$86
Trip.comUS$94
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 July 2021 via mobile

We spent a last minute July 4th weekend here to attend a family BBQ.

Pros - decent location to walk to main street for restaurants and shops. Beds were clean and newer, bedding and towels clean. Air conditioner was newer and cold. Blinds looked newer. Paint and Celing tiles looked pretty fresh. The checkin and out were easy and the employees nice. My other half liked morning coffee at the shop.

Cons- carpet was really old and liked like it hadn't eve been cleaned, we never took off shoes except for bed. The grout in shower was moldy and the tub looked beat up. Room had a horrible smell of stale cigarettes and cat pee. It wasn't a smoking room, but the people next door smoked nonstop and there was a huge gap under the door so I think it just keep flowing in. The rooms on both sides had small yappy dogs, so maybe someone had a cat before us for that smell?

As for the neighbors they looked to be living there? 2 adults,2 kids and a dog. Several other people looked to be living there too. Kind of sketchy. The Visitors were easy to spot by the confused looks on their faces.

This place was the only place available at the last minute at 265 for 2 nights. That's about 150 more then it should be when the space is shared with longterm tenants, they certainly aren't paying that nightly.

The owners seem to be trying to spruce up the place. Replacing the carpet with a hard material that can be cleaned ( especially when allowing animals) an updated tub and vanity and replace the upholstered chair( also filthy) would go a long way. But honestly do they want it to be a model or a rooming house?

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2020

My wife and I spent 2 nights at this hotel. It's in a great location on a hill overlooking the really beautiful city. I'm so happy we found this place. There's a cute little cafe attached to the hotel for coffee in the morning and everyone we met there was super friendly. I definitely hope to come back here someday soon.

Room tip: 2nd floor won't have noise or lights from the parking lot.
Date of stay: June 2020
Reviewed 28 September 2019

Roomed here 9/23/2019 and it was not what we expected. It ranks below a Motel 6 (we will not stay in that chain!) and a 3-Star rating is extremenly generous.

The photo of the property is inaccurate. The parking lot/driveway has to be replaced. It hasn't been paved in years and is not marked for parking. Their photo of the property is misleading.

Room #111 contained a small TV which was complicated to operate (we asked the desk clerk for help and it was temporarily solved). The room's phone was tucked under the small TV table and found by chance. The molding in the niche which contained the sunk was dirty. No stopper in the sink. We had to go to the front desk for soap (couldn't call because we hadn't discovered the phone yet). The door was secured with a lock and a door chain (I tightened that!) - the doorknob didn't operate. The cover for the HVAC was broken and on the window sill. There was an armchair and the arms need serious tightening. No in-room coffee (the restaurant isn't open for breakfast). Only two pillows were provided. Overall, the room was dingy - matching the exterior.

Unfortunately, accomodations in this area, including Hawley, are few. This certainly wasn't worth the $67+tax paid. The alternatives were $45 and more per night. The Wayne Inn is owned by the Wayne Hotel and the rates there were $45/night higher. If the Hotel is maintained like they maintain the Inn - Oh, boy!

Our advice: Suck-it-up and stay at a local B&B.

Room tip: Rooms furthest from the restaurant/café are quieter.
Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 3 September 2019 via mobile

Right off I want to say that it wasn't 'that' bad. Poorly maintained facility (ceiling tiles falling apart, sink drains busted, coax wall plates hanging out of the wall, carpet pulled away from the carpet tack strips that I cut my foot on the little razor spikes sticking up by both the bathroom and front entrance) that is WAY over priced for the room and the location. My sheets were clean, my shower was hot, the desk staff were courteous, just not a good value.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Mavenx
Reviewed 9 August 2019

I emailed hotel about my experience before writing a review but they did not respond. there was a strong mold odor when we entered the room. You see water damage on walls and filing. Room was dirty and so were towels. No soap in room. It looks like some wooden boards were nailed up in the bathroom instead of any attempt for a new sink area. This was not a value for the price that we paid ($250 for 2 nights). No response or even partial refund for any of this. Price is ridiculous for the room. This was worth maybe $40 nightly- not over $100. Staff was very polite but nothing they can do..... the only good thing about this place is location.

Date of stay: August 2019