Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$108
TripadvisorUS$108
eDreams
Hotels.comUS$108
FindHotelUS$108
PricelineUS$108
All reviews boneless wings dry aged steak living room pa eagles
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 January 2021

The good

The staff were all great
The hotel and room was immaculate
The hotel was a trip to the past
Very comfortable beds

The bad
no elevator and no bell man
a bathroom so small i could touch both walls when i extended my arms

Date of stay: January 2021
2  Thank skip m
Reviewed 5 November 2020

Family members are from Honesdale, but none have stayed at the historic hotel. We were looking forward to the experience. But Beware; it is not as advertised in their brochure were a beautiful spacious room has be remodeled. You must LOVE historic hotels to put up with the slanted floors and cheaply "remodeled" rooms. We reserved one of the King Suites rather than a single so we could have an "elegant experience" at the historic hotel, constructed in 1827, when Honesdale was a busy business center for the canal and commercial trains, home of the Stourbridge Lion, to haul coal. The bed was very comfortable but took up almost all the floor space. There was only about 6 inches between the foot of the bed and the wall. The TV and Internet worked well. The room was so quiet that I thought we were the only guests. However, there were several other occupied rooms. The Bistro 1202 is a very good restaurant on the first floor. All the staff of both the hotel and restaurant are delightful and extra helpful.
You will want to check out the pictures of our "suite" before booking. Or else, tell them you want the room pictured in their brochure.

Room tip: There is no elevator. Rooms are on 2nd and 3rd floors.
Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank Columbus_OhioRandy51
Reviewed 31 October 2020

This was quite possibly the worst hotel experience I have had, even when travelling in third world countries! Having to ring the front desk bell and wait 10 minutes, to be checked in, should have been our first clue, if we didn't pick up on the "absolutely no refund, no matter how dire the circumstances," disclaimer, when we reserved. During this 10 minutes, we had to listen to repeated cursing, including a number of "F-bombs," from the staff in the restaurant bar area. There is no elevator, nor is there a bellman, so you have to schlepp your luggage up 2 flights of stairs. The room was tired, not old and quaint and smelled of mothballs. The bathroom tiles were all cracked and crunched, when you stepped on them. The bathroom was so small, that when sitting on the toilet, your knees hit the door. There was no air circulation, at all, so we had to open the window, which had no safety measures and no screen, to air out the room. Upon doing this, we were treated to the language of the staff again, since they had migrated to the patio, for and extensive break. The only redeeming grace was the courteousness and helpfulness of the housekeeping staff, who offered to help carry our bags downstairs, even refusing a gratuity.

Room tip: Choose to go to a different hotel, even if you have to drive further.
Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 21 October 2020

After watching a YouTube video called "The Top 10 Reasons Honesdale is the Best Small Town in the US" by a man named Briggs, we hopped in the car and took a 3 hour road trip from central NJ to Honesdale. So easy and picturesque getting there, as we began our trip the last week of September.

I booked the 1 bedroom apartment which is owned by the Hotel Wayne, but not part of the historic side. It's a room over the Wine Room, next door to the Hotel, so don't expect to see antiques and crown molding, which didn't bother us at all. What we needed was a place with a kitchen in order to cook most of our meals. It was absolutely perfect! There was a coffee pot (with filters in the cabinet), plenty of cups, plates, bowls, pots, pans, utensils, pot holders, microwave, frig and freezer and a gas stove. We aren't fans of restaurant food, but prefer to cook most of our own meals, so since we were driving, we packed the car with essentials from home such as eggs from our chickens, vegetables from our garden, and plenty of goat cheese since it's the only dairy I can safely eat. We found several grocery stores not far and bought steaks, bacon and chicken. A gem in the center of Honesdale is Roman's Famous Meat Deli which had all sorts of exotic meats fresh and frozen. We stocked up on Elk meat since I've always heard Joe Rogan talking about how good it is, and we had a freezer in the apartment to keep it frozen until we left. Roman's was an awesome find and the owner and his son were super nice and welcoming!!

Anyway, the apartment was perfect for the 2 of us. The bed was comfortable and huge. It would be nice to have a couple coat hooks near the front door so you can hang up your coats when you came inside. It can get sloppy rather quickly with coats laying on the chair or couch. AC in the bedroom as well as the living room was really nice since it was pretty warm when we were there and it needs to be cool at night in order for me to sleep well. Things were very quiet at night, no outside noises despite being right near a traffic light next to a hospital! I moved one of the end tables from the living room into the bathroom because I needed more space to put all the toiletries I brought with us. We were there for 6 days and living chaotically is not healthy for me.

The trail entrance to hike up to Irving Cliff is only a block away, and the walk back and forth to town was easy with waterways everywhere! We road the train for 26 miles then came back. Tanner Falls, Prompton Lake and Lake Wallenpaupack were all easy drives away and we were literally the only people around! No bear sightings though.. :( One eagle.

We had a fun time visiting Honesdale! It's a beautiful town with super nice people. We would go back in a heartbeat!

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank Red_NewJersey007
Reviewed 7 March 2020 via mobile

When we arrived, we were pleased. The tables had cloth table clothes and napkins. We were seated promptly by a young girl that was pleasant. The wine and beers were very fairly priced. I had a couple of glasses of Sauvignon blanc that were priced at about $6.75 per glass. My husband asked for a beer recommendation and the waitress seemed annoyed. In fact, several of the waitresses acted like they rather not be there. We decided to order an appetizer. We ordered the boneless wings with spicy barbecue sauce. I was annoyed that you have to pay an additional $1 to get a small amount of celery and blue cheese - this usually just comes with wings and is not an additional charge. When we received them they were not boneless! I didn’t say anything because the waitress already seemed aggravated and I didn’t want to upset her. I asked her about the aged steaks and were they really that much better than the regular steaks -there was over a $10 additional charge for the aged steaks. She said that they were very good. I ordered a 12 oz strip steak for $32. When I received it it was very average - not worth $32! It was served with steamed broccoli that I could make at home and homemade fried potatoes with no seasoning- certainly not worth the money. My meal did come with a house salad that was very good. My husband ordered the rodeo burger. He asked for fries and coleslaw but you could only get one or the other otherwise again an additional charge. He ordered both and asked for sweet potato fries - another additional charge. His meal was decent although the hamburger wasn’t very big but his meal was much better than mine and was under $15 dollars. So for 2 wines, 2 beers, wings, steak dinner and hamburger platter the bill came to about $85 dollars— overpriced for the quality of the food. Doubt we will ever return because we do not live in the area. I would recommend that if you decide to dine there, pick one of the lower priced entrees. Steaks are certainly not worth the money - I’ve had better steaks at Texas Roadhouse!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank mestps