“Outstanding food and service”

TREE Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in Hawley
Reviewed 23 May 2021

All the food was creative, fresh, and wonderful. Eating at the resort 3 times a day was a highlight of the trip. They have specials, cater to those with food allergies/sensitivities, and provide just the right amount of attention during each meal. They even provide recipes if there is a particular item you would like to know how to make for when you return!

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (144)

Reviewed 14 January 2021

Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner menus are creative, with many choices and have options for meat lovers and vegans. Many things come from farm to the table and it looks and tastes fantastic!
The bar had one of the best cocktails I've had.

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 1 October 2020

Exceptional food...kudos to the cooks! We looked forward to every meal. It was plentiful and there were different options everyday so people had options.

Date of visit: September 2020
2  Thank Niki M
Reviewed 14 July 2020

I am reviewing the restaurant separately from our Lodge stay because the overall time at the Lodge was excellent and this part of the stay stands out as more problematic. I found our experiences in Tree -- which should have been universally excellent -- to be very uneven. I would have provided this detail to the manager on duty Sunday evening, however, no manager came to our table at dinner that evening.

Starting with the positives, we had 3 excellent meals Saturday. The food was good, menu fabulous with veggies grown on site, and locally sourced meats and seafoods. There is one available menu for breakfasts and lunchs, and two rotating dinner menus. A couple specials appear nightly. Other spas such as Mirival do tend to have more options and a huge buffet, and I'm not sure if options would have been larger during a time other than a pandemic. On Saturday evening, our server at dinner (clearly experienced) was wonderful and took time to describe every detail of the menu, make drink suggestions, and even offered that they send the dessert we were too full for to our room later in the evening. On Saturday, a manager came to our table and checked on us. We were very happy. The food was fresh, and I liked everything I tried from the crab tostada to the scallops (delicious). The dessert was a little sweet for my taste (strawberry pistachio cake). I did love the chocolate clove bites out as a snack earlier -- just the right level of sweetness.

Sunday was a VERY different story. It began with the appetizer course. Our server took our order, and we opted to skip the salad course because we were so full the evening prior. 45 minutes after ordering, no appetizers, and not a single check in from our server. When she finally happened to pass by our table and saw no food on the table, we let her know that the appetizers had not arrived. There was a halfhearted apology and promise to check. After another 10 minutes, she brought them to our table and placed the wrong items in front of each of us, and this time did not acknowledge any problem. The appetizers were good, especially the corn chowder. The mains then came very quickly after the appetizers, now with no attention to spacing things. A runner delivered these and quickly departed. My pasta was under seasoned (I would say most things there were -- likely intentional). With COVID, you needed to request a salt shaker, and you guessed it, no one came to check in. Finally we saw the runner, who had just cleared the table behind us, and requested salt and pepper, which she proceeded to hand us from the table she just cleared. That is how COVID spreads -- completely inexcusable. I requested that she remove it and provide a sanitized set, which she did with much more sincere apologies. Following the salt and pepper incident, again no check ins from the server or runner, even though we needed more water and the bread was empty. We ate our meals, which were fine. My husband was finished his main, and I was lukewarm about dessert, so we finally just got up and left. Not a stellar meal.

At breakfast the following morning we had the same difficulties with no one checking in, but did mange to flag a very good runner for salt and pepper and ketchup, which was not included with the potatoes although my husband had explicitly requested it.

While our Lodge visit was top notch, the restaurant has some major training issues. The inclusion of food was part of the price point we paid, and at this price point the meals should be flawless. While I appreciate that COVID has changed so many processes, this is really problematic. I have decided to review the restaurant separately and to forward this review to the Lodge in hopes that these things will be changed for other visitors. The basic message to management: check on your guests. See if they are enjoying their meals or need anything. Simple.

Date of visit: July 2020
6  Thank HeidiD451
Reviewed 20 January 2020 via mobile

Had New Year’s Eve dinner at trees. It was lovely. Service was great- food was delicate and the ambiance was serene and romantic. A memorable evening.

Date of visit: January 2020