All reviews full kitchen an industrial park penthouse suite indoor pool hershey park basketball court front desk older part living room separate building pull out sofa marriott properties the breakfast area oatmeal off the highway complimentary breakfast first floor
Reviewed 8 April 2018

The pictures on the Marriott website looked nice. The reality was somewhat different. Were given a ground floor room in the annex area. At first sight and smell it seemed strange but just about acceptable. I had a further look round the room, pulled back the bedding and found an old sock in the bed. Housekeeping had clearly not bothered changing the linens from the previous guests and just remade the beds. On complaining to the front desk we were then given a duplex suite in the same block which was better ( eg clean). The hotel is in the middle of what appears to be an industrial estate......there is nothing within the immediate vicinity. Breakfast adequate. Were it not for the actions of the front desk manager this would be a 1 star review due poor cleanliness of the room we were given initially.

Room Tip: Check the room cleanliness before unpacking.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank FraserD1969
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Worst experience at a Marriott I have ever had. We arrived after travelling 15 hours and were pleasantly surprised to hear that we were upgraded. That was the end of pleasant! We opened the sofabed to discover the last guest's dirty linens. The flatware in the drawer was "sticky" and the white door was ominously grey (all of the doors had that hue). But the best was saved for the morning. After visiting the breakfast where, as others have already pointed out, there was very little food available, we grabbed yogurt and decided to just get out of this place. I went into the bathroom to shower only to find out that the tub had no water! I called the desk expecting a huge apology and an offer of a change of rooms but she sent the maintenance person instead. He wiggled the handle and managed to get the water going but when I asked him to show me how to do it, he just barely got it to run again (and the temperature was on the chilly side of lukewarm!) I jumped in quickly washed up and left it running so that other family members could do the same. Then the water would not turn off! Another call to the front desk and when no one came we played with it until it turned off. This was a pain for sure, but I couldn't help but wonder how housekeeping cleaned a tub with no water! Thank goodness we had flip flops with us. When we left I asked for the manager and was told he was not in but she would relay my message. I explained that I wanted the reward points that I used for this transaction to be refunded. I heard nothing so I called midweek the following week where, after he pretended that his assistant manager was to have called me, he put me on hold and checked with the front desk to verify my story. He came back on the line and said he would have the points reinstated but it would take a couple of days. Flash forward a week when I finally called Marriott customer service directly to find out that he did NOTHING! I guess he thought he would wait me out. The representative listened to my complaint and said that, of course I would get my points back. Save yourself a lot of time and disappointment and drive right past this hotel.

Stayed: March 2018
3  Thank luvtravelling_13
Reviewed 26 February 2018

I stayed at this hotel from November 2017- December 2017 for business along with 7 of my colleagues. We stayed in separate rooms and had similar experiences. The main hotel building rooms are typical, fairly clean, fairly quiet hotel room (this is where the pool, work out center, and laundry is located). However, for those of us who stayed in the condo-like units unattached to the main hotel, the hotel experience was in short, appalling.

First, we arrived to check in and they did not have our rooms ready until past 8:00 pm that night. Though they did reimburse us for that night, we had nowhere to go in the meantime, as none of us were from the area.

About two nights in, we started experiencing issues with bugs in our rooms. Every night I would come home and find multiple bugs crawling on the floor/in the bathroom area, and a few of my coworkers found bugs in the bed by the end of first week. They reported this to the front desk, who then relocated those who reported the issue to other condo- units. Those had bugs as well.

Housekeeping came once every three days- even with the "do not disturb sign" left off the door. They did not take the sheets off the bed and replace them unless we physically took the sheets off the bed ourselves and piled them by the door. This happened to me as well as two of my coworkers.

One of my coworkers had the water-heater in their hotel unit catch on fire at 03:00 in the morning and the fire department had to show up to put out the flames (If I could find the news link, I would attach it). While they did pay to dry clean my coworker's clothes, they didn't relocate him until later the following day, forcing him to sleep on another coworker's couch.

Additionally, you can hear everything from the connected condo-units.They allow pets which is fine, but not when there are dogs barking every night well past 02:00 in the morning.

This is the one and only review I will write for a hotel. While the fire was not necessarily the hotel's fault, the service at the Swarta/Harrisburg Residence Inn was inexcusable and I refuse to stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Emily D
Reviewed 19 February 2018

First off, my family and I are pretty simple. So the 1 bedroom, 2 room suite was perfect for us. I read the reviews going in and most were mixed. The location wasn't next to Hershey Park but it's only a 10-15 minute ride. And there is shopping and food nearby. So overall, it's located in a good spot. We stayed in the main unit, which has the indoor pool. The pool was good, but no indoor hot tub. The room itself was comfortable and roomy. But the area where this place lacks is a common theme, the breakfast. It's too small and they don't restock their items. Also, the housekeeping is not well staffed as I had to call for pool towels! Also, they came to clean the room at 7pm! So we declined the service. But in all, it's a good hotel that fit our needs for a quick weekend. Don't be scared off but don't expect luxury.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Dave G
Reviewed 8 February 2018

Ticket to see Pat Benatar in Lancaster + winter weather advisory + 1:45 one-way drive to the theater = book a room and get an hour of that drive out of the way the night before. I used Marriott points so the room cost me nothing. I wasn't expecting a place larger than my first townhouse, but that's what I got. Fully equipped kitchen, nice living room, comfy bed. The place is full of modern decor and clean enough--I'd give it a 9/10 in that regard because I did see dust and the front of the dishwasher looked like someone had smeared something all over it. Honestly, I've never found a hotel that can score 10/10 for cleanliness--they all have dust. The selections for breakfast were very good--and there was plenty of fresh stuff with only 15 minutes until it ended. I asked to have an extra 15 minutes past checkout time so that I could sit in on a webinar for work (which the free wifi was fine for) and they gave me an hour. Staff was really friendly. There is a great thrift store right across the street. I'd return without hesitation.

Room Tip: My suite faced the highway, but wasn't noisy at all. The furnace is somewhat loud, but I'm used to hot water heat at home that's silent...
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo