See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

Very clean! Staff was extremely friendly.Gym was enough to get a good sweat in and the hotel is in the perfect location for downtown Harrisburg to the A national Civil War museum to great dining! The room was stocked with enough towels and coffee! The room had a wonderful view! The only thing is they do not have a continental breakfast which wasn't a deal breaker when I booked.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

I had reservations to stay at this hotel, booked ten days prior to my expected stay. When I was driving to the hotel (at night)I actually passed the hotel because I thought it was an abandoned building. After google maps assured me I was in the right place, I noticed there was no Wyndham sign. In fact there was no illuminated hotel sign whatsoever. There was one car in the parking lot and one room seemed lit up. It was 8:00 at night. Even the parking lot was barely lit. As a solo woman traveler I did not feel safe staying there. When I called, I was informed by the front desk that they were no longer affiliated with Wyndham. She said they had not been for months. I complained that this was deceitful and I wanted my money back. They said no because the hotel is the same as it was they just "changed the name". So if you think you are paying for a safe Wyndham franchise hotel, look elsewhere. If it doesn't bother you to stay in a dark, relatively unoccupied, independently owned hotel...be my guest to give it a try. You are braver than me!

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

After trying to early check in to my room and found out that no rooms were available i decide to wiat in the lobby i wss watching some clip on my phone minute later. the front desk lady name Michelle ask if i can turn down the volume on my
She claimed that it was to loud. i said r you kidding me. After i said that she started to give me a hard time n been so unprofessional HOW RUDE is that. People like her shouldn't been dealing this kind of jobs if they don't know how to deal with customer service. Thanks to Mike who step up n took care of business

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2016

We had a bus of 51 people staying here again. (Was here with 48 in June). We had sent a rooming list with special needs highlighted, but they did not honor some of these. Our breakfast was prepared for us in a banquet room. They ran out of toast, & coffee; no napkins, salt & pepper. When asked for more coffee, she told us, "We are allowed only a 3 gallon pot for each room". That is 48 cups and we had 51 people, many of whom wanted a second cup. She did say, however, "If you want a second cup, go to the restaurant; it is $1.95 a cup." Just not our idea of a good place to stay.

Room tip: Best room would be at another hotel.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Wendell N
Reviewed 22 September 2016

My experience was generally positive. The rooms were clean and the hotel in general was very clean. However, the hotel itself could stand some modernization and renovation. The fixtures and decor are dated. I would date the wallpaper and other items in a late90's to early 00's era. And there are definitely areas where the rooms need some TLC in terms of new paint and general maintenance.

The beds were very comfortable and the temperature controls worked exactly as expected. The in-room A/C was noisy, but they are always noisy. The TV worked well and the signal was clear.

The one major item that is missing is an in room fridge. There was definitely room under the shelf unit that held complimentary water bottles and ice bucket. This would be a welcome addition to the room, especially with no breakfast service and a closed restaurant.

I would stay here again with a discount, but would not pay full retail rates.

Date of stay: September 2016