“Good food!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

The food and service was really good. Super busy but that was fine. We sat at the bar for convenience of time. Things are cleaned up in front of you at the bar area so if you prefer more privacy and less traffic, sit at a table. Really good pancakes.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

capitol diner was the pits. waitress gave water then got lost for 25 minutes, I got chipped beef omg. imagine dryer out creamed beef that needed salt and I don't use salt. complained to waitress, she said tell manager. I told him he asked if I had told the waitress. never again.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

Good food, service great and right by the Red Lion hotel.
Easy access of the interstate
Our food was served promptly and with smiles.
Plenty of parking

Reviewed 3 June 2018

Capitol Diner offers a large and varied menu, as do most diners. Neon lights, stainless steel, and mirrors created a fun start for our visit to Pennsylvania. I chose this diner again because of reviews, locations, and menu. It was a fun experience, especially for my grandson. The waiter was attentive, chatty, and pleasant. Food was delicious. I ordered turkey and dressing because it is not prepared this way in Texas. The dressing was moist and flavorful, turkey was tender, and the gravy was perfect. My grandson ordered hamburger and fries with oreo chocolate cake for desert. Yes, the spectacular desert was his favorite. I will return when traveling through HIA.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Went for dinner with friends. Ordered chicken pot pie which was a special that evening. It was the worst pot pie ever! The noodles were bunched into a ball and the broth was sweet tasting. I would not recommend this to anyone. I was surprised since I have eaten here several times before and the meals were always good. Waitress did not check with us regarding the meal or desserts which some people were to have as part of their meal.