“Stop off”

National Civil War Museum
Ranked #2 of 55 things to do in Harrisburg
More attraction details
Owner description: The only museum in the United States to present a balanced, unbiased look at the Civil War.
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

We took a detour to Gettysburg on our way to Cleveland and am I glad we did. Very informative and lots to see, and best of all it was free. A must visit for anyone visiting Pennsylvania

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

I visited the National Civil War Museum expecting to spend most of the day there as I am a huge Civil War buff. I lingered over the amazing and engaging exhibits and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The museum does a first rate job of offering a balanced presentation of of both sides of the War, although that is a very difficult task. Many of the exhibits are heartbreaking displays of the suffering of civilians caught in the middle of this Great War of ideas. Although it was a fabulous museum, it took me only 2 1/2 hours to see all of the exhibits.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Over the winter I took my children (both under 10) for a visit. The museum had plenty of exhibits and was interactive enough to hold their attention while also being interesting for adults. We spent a little over half a day here and feel like we got to see everything. A true Civil War buff could likely spend substantially more time.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Definitely worth a "look see" if you are near Harrisburg and with a beautiful view of the surrounding area. Bring the kids if you are visiting Hershey. Lots to see and learn. More appropriate than is assumed because you can see the furthest northern advance of the Army of Northern Virginia before the Battle of Gettysburg to the Southwest.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

I found this on Trip Advisor and so glad I did. Our group of four thoroughly enjoyed this gem. The people were great exhibits good. Period dressed people super nice, answering questions and taking pictures with us.