“Good place to sit down and eat/drink”
Review of Syd's place

Syd's place
Ranked #44 of 437 Restaurants in Erie
Cuisines: American
Description: Near Presque Ise and Waldameer Park.
Description: Near Presque Ise and Waldameer Park.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

+ Nice atmosphere
+ Really good food
+ Reasonable price
+ Good location (near the entrance of the state park)

Reviewed 25 June 2018

After spending time at Waldameer Park my 4 year old was hungry, and my wife just wanted to sit. Syd's was right there. We got in before the early birds were even there. But Skye was a great server and we really enjoyed ourselves.
The breaded perch was good. My wife had the beef on wheck and would have liked it if the meat was more juice itself (without needing the au jus). My daughter likes plain pasta. And they served it up with butter and a meatball on the side. Before long, the place was filling up. The carrot cake and cheesecakes were delicious desserts.
I will definitely plan to stop again next time we go to Erie.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

On April 20, 2018 I dined at Sy's Place. I was early so I was seated immediately. I came for the Perch fish so of course I ordered the fish and chips and the perch was very good. The atmosphere is nice and service was excellent. I would recommend this restaurant to my family and friends.

Reviewed 19 April 2018

We found Syd’s by a recommendation from our hotel clerk & went on a cold, stormy nite. It was worth the effort. The welcome was warm, the service great & the menu was exciting - so little time so many interesting choices. My Wife had the seafood pasta. It was creamy, tasty & loaded with delicious morsels. She couldn’t finish it. I had the Perch & am I glad - it was the best Perch ever & as tasty fish as i’ve Ever eaten. The fries were crunchy outside & soft inside. The vegetables al dente. We returned to our hotel much fuller & happier than when we ventured out. Syd’s gets my highest recommendation!

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

My Husband and I attempted to go Syds Place for dinner tonight. We walked in and were asked to wait for a table. We did not have a problem waiting. However, I did have a problem when another couple walked in behind us and also said a table for two and immediately they were seated. Needless to say, we left without having dinner there and went to another establishment. I have been going to Syds Place for years. I will not go back after being treated so rudely by staff. When I was younger, I worked in the food service industry and believe me, repeat business is all about how well you treat your customers. This was a huge fail on their part. I will not go back to Syds Place and will be sure to tell friends and family about the experience.

1  Thank Alexandra D

Been to Syd's place? Share your experiences!