Lowest prices for your stay
US$106
Free cancellation until 21/10/01
Hotels.comUS$106
eDreamsUS$106
TraveluroUS$113
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 August 2019

This is not a fancy hotel at all....just the basics, very clean, and very comfortable. Nice pool and exercise pool. And it was a convenient stop for one night. But they have new beds.... those real high ones... that short people like me, feel like a little kid trying to climb up on! Price for room was acceptable - considering it's Pennsylvania. Best thing about the stay was the short walk to Joey's Pizza, which was excellent!

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donna D
Reviewed 8 May 2019 via mobile

The lobby had a strong smell of cockroaches it not so any but, bed was comfortable, room dated break frozen eggs oatmeal cereal toast juice coffee was hospital strength n taste. Cheap room best attribute

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hament P, General Manager at Quality Inn Dunmore - Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such candid feedback of your stay. I am very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet expectations. We do have a pest control that does service our hotel on a monthly basis and does a thorough inspection at that time.

Reviewed 15 April 2019

At check-in, we were greeted by a pleasant efficient and helpful desk person. The large room in this conveniently located hotel had, for example, two comfortable beds with four pillows each; an iron and ironing board; ample space for our belongings; and a large selection of cable TV stations. The room and the rather small bathroom were clean. The only thing that we disliked was that the sink and vanity were located outside of the bathroom.

The included breakfast had an ample selection of food, such as, scrambled eggs, breakfast sausages, make-your-own Belgian waffles, various muffins/breads/bagels, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, and juices. The breakfast area was clean, and the food and supplies were replenished as needed.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2019

The hotel was right in the middle of lobby renovations on the night I stayed (3/15). There is a sign to pardon their appearance, which is great. Appearance pardoned, that's fine.

But maybe the staff needs to "pardon the renovations", too. The front desk clerk who checked me in was pleasant. There was a manager nearby who was anything but. Their attitudes may make one think that their roles should be swapped, but I am thinking that the strain of the ongoing renovations right in the lobby is affecting the morale at the front desk. On two occasions during my check in, the manager chimed in during my interaction with the clerk towards my responses to the clerks questions or comments. The one that stood out was a snappy response to my reaction when told that the hotel authorizes $100 extra for incidentals. I simply state that it seems high for a $55 room night, but was not complaining about it. The manager replies, "Well its $250 if you smoke in my hotel!" Calm down, there. She tells me the authorization is removed the next morning, in which I correct her in saying that, being a Friday, it will be about 3-4 days before its lifted from my card. She nods and agrees that I know it works. Yes, I do, that's why I initially remarked that $100 is steep for a $55 room night. And by the way, I am one of the most adamant non smokers out there, so ease up in mentioning the smoking charge to anyone when it is unprovoked.

I honestly wish it would have just been the desk clerk checking me in without the manager over her shoulder. My impression is that the daily stress of the renovations near the desk area is getting to the desk staff, or was on the night of my stay.

There was nothing wrong with the room, and because of this, its gets the three stars instead of fewer. The internet worked great, and it was very convenient to have Price Chopper right next door.

So, we go to breakfast. I'm there just it opens on Saturday morning, so it is just me and the breakfast attendant. I walk by the attendant, and am not even greeted as she watches TV. She walks by me to stock something as I get food, and does not greet me again, or make any kind of friendly comment. Still no one else there when done, I walk by her watching TV again and she says nothing to me again.

It's a good hotel. Staff needs to remember its a hotel. The hospitality bug was seriously lacking here. Is it usually better, and can we blame this on the renovations affecting morale? Who knows, but that is the impression I get. I pardoned the renovations. Staff, please do the same.

I'll give the hotel another chance in the future to see if this is par for the course for them or just a bad day/time for them.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 February 2019

It was 2/1/2019 and my family and I were going through it during the major freeze that hit most of the country. We were already 2 days with no water because our pipes being frozen, so I had to make a decision on checking in to the best hotel I could find. I am my grandfathers caretaker and he is showing the early stages of Alzheimer and Dementia. He also can barely walk from the effects of his stroke he had a few years ago. Anyways, I call around and I speak with a lady name Haley and she is very nice on the phone and very helpful. So I thought, I called the hotel twice. The first time I ask Haley do they have a laundry room and she answers by saying they do. I call the second time around 7pm that night and I then explain to her my situation with my water, etc. I ask her if I can check in after midnight, I would assume she knew I was referring to the midnight a few hours away. Not the one 14+ hours away. Especially after explaining my emergency situation to her. Anyways, she says, verbatim, "You can check in at anytime you want". So I made my decision after getting off the phone with her and made my reservation. I get two rooms, one for my grandfather and I , and another for my mother. I call after midnight to ask if my mother can check in before I get there with my grandfather. Haley is already gone and I am speaking with the Night Auditor, Sgandh, he then tells me that I can't check in until after 3pm 2/2/2019. I made my reservation for 2/2/2019. He tells me that company policy is that check ins have to be after 3pm. So I'm shocked at this point because Haley didn't say that. So he then tells me he will "help me out". So he takes my card information over the phone and explains something he is going to do but I am not sure exactly what he said. So I get there around 4am and he takes my card again and tell me that he is going to leave a note for his managers and have something waived from my charges. So I had to pay for a stay that is for 2/1/2019 but technically I didn't check in until the next day. If I was told I had to pay a extra $142 on top of my budget, I would of waited till 3pm. I was expecting to pay $365 and be refunded $100 back after we left. I end up paying $407 and no refund. What he ended up waiving was the incidental fee.

So when I get the opportunity to speak to the managers that morning after checking in. I was up already for over 24 hours and very disappointing that I had to be up to talk to them. I explain to them everything and they were in a very argumentative mood and I wasn't in the mood. So I said my peace and they said they will contact me after speaking with Haley and Sgandh. I wake up that afternoon and they tell me that Haley and Sgandh never said anything that I told them. Right then I gave up and I just accepted being swindled. It's a shame that they would take advantage of someone like they did me.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Hament P, General Manager at Quality Inn Dunmore - Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2019

I would like to thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. I would like to also apologize about any inconvenience during your stay. When you called and spoke to Haley you had not had a reservation, and when you asked her if it was ok to check in after midnight she was correct in saying that you may check in after midnight but the assumption was that you were looking to book your reservation for the February 1st. As your booking was made it was for Feb 2 that you booked at 1:21 am and as stated on your reservation check in time on that date is not until 3 pm of the 2nd. You checked in on the eve of the 1st which is a day earlier than your reservation and that is why you were charged for your 2 rooms for that night.