“Good value priced Mexican”

Ck's Cantina & Grill
Ranked #1 of 57 Restaurants in Dallas
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Big favorite for family visiting college students, we have been twice and enjoyed the food , great service and tasty choices- traditional taste

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

We love EVERYTHING we've ever had from CK! Especially love the chimichanga and the street tacos. Their green salsa is the best I've had - super spicy!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 8 September 2018

Just my opinion…but never, ever go to CK’s Cantina & Grill on a Friday night.
Let me start with the good. I’ve been to CK’s several times including tonight, the first two were excellent. Great food, first class service, cold beer and the glass was never empty. (Let me also mention that the first two times were during the week on somewhat off-hour times, say 2pm.)
Last night though (Friday night, 6pm), TOTALLY DIFFERENT experience. Does a Friday night versus a weekday really make that much difference?? Other than a longer wait, usually not, at least not at other places I’ve been to for dinner on a Friday. And it wasn’t like the place was buzzing to the brim. There were a number of available tables for seating, no one was waiting in line to be seated or standing outside waiting to come in and the place seemed to have plenty of servers and waitresses on hand.
There were only four of us, my son, my father, my wife (who I had been bragging this place too…you have to go, great place, excellent food, and on and on) and myself. We go in, get a table, waitress shows up, order some drinks, chips and salsa, so far so good. Little did I know it was going to be all downhill from there.
The drinks come out, cold and tasty. Then the chips show up, lame and tasteless (I have fresher, tastier week-old chips in my pantry at home). But hey, sometimes even Styrofoam will do when you’re hungry and having a cold one. Now the trick is, how do you eat chips tactfully without a plate and napkin…very carefully.
Mr. Server, Ms. Waitress, can we get some utensils and napkins please? Sure, ok. Wait, wait, wait, oh look, here comes our food. Ms. Waitress may we please have some utensils and napkins, our food is here? I’ll get some right away. Here’s two sets, its all we have wrapped right now. (REALLY? It’s Friday night, your busiest night and all you have “wrapped right now” is two sets…) We’ll take the two and whatever you don’t have ‘wrapped’.
My dad got the tacos, not impressed, “I get better tacos at Taco .…”. My Enchiladas were ok, nothing to write home about, BUT I was annoyed by the THREE people who stopped by the table asking if they could “get my plate out of my way” while I was still eating from it. Finally, I just had to say, “FOR THE THIRD TIME, NO!” (They must have got the message because no one came back, my son thought it was funny, I didn’t think so.) And he said the chicken wing Quesadillas were ok.
The wife got a steak chimichanga, not impressed. The steak had more of a BBQ flavor to it than Mexican and apparently you can get them “dry” or “wet”, dry meaning with Parmesan Cheese sprinkled on it (YUK! We’re eating Mexican here, not Italian. I’ve NEVER had to request or even knew they had a wet and dry version, they just always brought me the “wet” version which I sincerely enjoyed my other two visits, who knew.)
The waitress stopped by for her courtesy, “how is everything?” My wife expressed her disappointment with her meal and I guess they’re just use to that because nothing was done to fix it and the next time we saw her was when she stopped by with the bill and asked if we needed any to go boxes…BEFORE my son and I were even done with our meals, so much for another drink or dessert and so much for staying there any longer…packed up, payed the bill and left. Never again on a Friday. And there were still empty tables and no one waiting in line on our way out. No idea what happened, but if I ever go back it certainly won’t be on a Friday, I’ll stick to the weekday off-hour times and enjoy myself…terrible experience. (PS. The ladies room had no toilet paper in it and when the staff was informed, they said I’ll let them know…not sure who ‘them’ is but we suggest everyone carry a tissue with them as well if attending on a Friday night.) Thank you.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Only try Mexican cuisine on occasion but would do more often if this place was near home (Florida). Stop here on a visit and was pleasantly surprised. Nice menu, great prices, friendly service and great food.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 8 August 2018

Cozy restaurant with truly authentic Mexican food. Great place that locals can't get enough of. Huge drink selection at the bar.

Date of visit: July 2018