“Great Chicken Soup”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I know foodies don't particularly like Andy's. All that is said about service and speed are correct but the food is pretty heavy on fried, carbo, and calories.
The one think I adore about Andy's is the salad bar. Not as many choices as some other places, but what is there is great. First is the chicken veg soup. It seems totally homemade with hand shredded chicken, huge hunks of carrot, celery and onion. The broth is a natural color, not loaded with artificial colors or annatto. And it is probably too high in salt but it is just what I crave on a cold day or when I feel poorly. The salad bar has all the normal items plus, dessert things like fruit, pudding, jello, cottage cheese, etc. And the breads! They make their own (I am pretty sure). They have plain, cinnamon, and sweet cheese. I get the sweet. It is like the best challah with cheese cake filling. While the amount of filling has gone down recently, it is still great.
Did I say the salad bar is $9.95? I always give the wait staff $3 tip as the dinner price is so good and I tip by the meal if the price is low.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

I was in the mood for Eggs Benedict and decided to go out of my way to get some at Andy's Diner & Pub. It was worth the trip!

The egg dish was outstanding, it tasted great and was only $7.95. Can't beat that!

Now, as for the included home fries; well, that part of the meal was a bit interesting! They were more mashed potatoes than anything else. When my meal arrived, another patron was requesting that her home fries be thoroughly cooked. I could see why a customer would make such a request...

My server, Patricia, was excellent.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

It's always a staple. Good sandwiches, salad bar, breakfasts. Convenient parking, and good food. And it's open 24 hours.

Reviewed 3 May 2018

got food borne illness here. Will never go back. sttay away from salad bar and soup station but not rotated and fresh.

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

If you are super hungry and would like very good American and Greek diner food, then this is the place to be.  You will not leave here in want of anything more. Service is friendly and helpful, the food is hot and tasty, and the location is convenient for locals and travelers alike. Tip: order a meal that includes access to the salad bar; it simply cannot be missed.