“This is an update to my previous review titled "Stuck with them two years of decline. No more"”

Appalachian Brewing Company - Collegeville
Ranked #10 of 68 Restaurants in Collegeville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 April 2018

I will state upfront I am a Mug Club member. I had previously written a critical review, but changed it based on many promises that the owner, Artie Tafoya had made, all of which not only happened but worsened. This is a revision of that review. I pay a good amount of money to get a mug with my name that I use when I visit and points on food, monthly samples and appetizer and growler discounts on specific days along with a yearly mug club party with two hours of free beer and a buffet of food. (Buy the way this year’s mugs went cheap and had no names, just ugly thin wall glasses). I have never had a growler discount or appetizer discount (on me because I simply can’t get there on those specific days with my work schedule) but I know I have been cheated on food purchase points. That being said I am done with this location. Collegeville Pa. Beer is good but they won’t sell you a keg. Hey, why try to make money. I have seen servers putting down patrons yet showing them “favoritism” over others, food that is now almost always burnt, and unlike their Harrisburg location, zero entertainment, zero food specials (unless they try to clear their food stock, which is really bad) and all of their beer selection is not available at many time times when it is at their other locations. Along with broken bathroom’s and TV’s you have to wonder if they are trying to lose money here. Well after two years we are finished. There are way too many breweries in the area that surpass this location. Shame we had such high hopes when joining. This location is very nice and could be a gold mine. We tried to suggest how to improve over those two years, all of which fell on deaf ears (Why listen to loyal customers) and really wanted to be part of a “Mug Club” but they equally tried to ruin that. And the icing on the cake tonight, gave the server 20 dollars to pay for my 6-dollar beer. Got my receipt and 14 dollars change. I had it laying on the bar in front of me in case I wanted another. Guess what, the server later walked by, grabbed my receipt and 14 dollars and took it for a tip!!!! Really?? If you go here, hide your money. I have really tried to like this location, but they just make it impossible. Well ABC has lost two more customers. They will get their tax write off soon. Don’t waste your time here. Hit Phoenixville, Royersford, Limerick or somewhere else in the area to spend your money. Life is too short for a lousy beer experience.
Update:
I do want to clarify, that this is not a reflection on all of the servers. Most are excellent along with the "assistant manager" and the only reason we have stuck with them so long. There are a couple questionable servers as I mentioned above, but the largest problem here is upper management and owner level management. Beer is good, it's a shame the rest is slipping away.
I would love to stay here as a Mug Club Member but I don't see any reason to any longer.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I enjoyed my dinner here. The restaurant was nice but it was kind of in an odd place; on the second floor of a warehouse kind of place. Service was good and friendly.

I had the prime rib sandwich au jus. It was tasty although a bit over cooked. A good prime rib sandwich should be rare to medium rare and it was well done. Still good though. I had a the maple brown ale which was a great brown, I appreciate a place that has a malty beer instead of a hops focus on everything.

I would go again. I'm interested to try the short ribs.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

I normally love this place! They usually have great service and good food. Tonight, I ordered a well done burger with no tomatoes. What did I get? a RAW burger with tomatoes. Incredibly disappointed.

AppalachianBrewingCo, Guest Relations Manager at Appalachian Brewing Company - Collegeville, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Hi Morgan,

We apologize that your burger game out incorrectly. Thank you for your honesty and letting us know so that we can address this problem and improve our service and food. We hope you visit us again sometime soon! We'd love to make up for this order.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

Stopped at ABC after dinner at Bonjung on a Saturday night (see my review) to grab a beer and hang out for a bit. We had eaten dinner at ABC a few months prior (excellent burgers) and tried some of the craft brews which were excellent. There was only a light crowd at the bar and restaurant. We enjoyed our beers and learned that ABC has a club that you can join (for $50 I think). You get your own mug that hangs above the bar (with a new mug each year) plus some other perks and chances to win prizes. Sounded kinda neat if you are a frequent patron. Will definitely be back soon.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

Prefer craft beer places that offer a selection of brands and styles. Food is just so so. Prefer Craft Ale House just a few miles up the pike for both food and brews.

AppalachianBrewingCo, Guest Relations Manager at Appalachian Brewing Company - Collegeville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Hi TripNines,

We do have quite the variety of different brews. Are there any particular styles you're looking for?