“nice waitstaff, subpar food”
Review of Hank's Place

Hank's Place
Ranked #3 of 44 Restaurants in Chadds Ford
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 28 June 2018

My wife and I went to Hank's Place on the advice of the hotel staff, where we were staying. While the host and servers made us feel very welcome, upon receiving our food orders, we quickly realized that the place was not the kind of restaurant that we usually frequent, when on trips such as this one. My wife's entrée of liver and onions was of very poor quality, as the meat was tough and the portion very skimpy. My chicken parmesan was also a real disappointment, as the chicken breast was quite small, not breaded, and smothered in inferior mozzarella. The spaghetti lying on the plate next to it had a mere spoonful of unseasoned, bland marinara sauce and was hardly worth the price they were asking for it. Overall, then, the place was sadly deficient in many ways, but oddly overpriced.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Staff is friendly and customer service oriented. Food is basic fare with a bit of Greek favorites. Definitely a quick bite find. Note, Pepsi products and cash only.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Thank goodness they have an ATM now! Favorite breakfast place. Great scrambles and really good bacon.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

This place is uncomfortably noisy when they are busy, and they are usually busy. I have normal hearing and not usually sensitive to noise, but ear plugs would have come in handy here. Wooden oak tables and chairs without padding, hard floors, no sound absorption, clanging dishes and silverware: not the place for quiet conversation or relaxation. Although the ambience is lacking, they offer good (not great) diner food, and average prices for diners. Bottom line: good for a quick noisy breakfast but no return visit for us.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

Large, clean restaurant with ample parking. Very nice for a home style restaurant. We had corned beef hash/ poached eggs (perfectly) great home fries. And wife had the Greek Frittata, delicious. Man if the rest of the menu is as good as our food was you can not miss ordering with your eyes closed. A couple of glitches though, my English muffin which comes with an extra charge substituted for toast, arrived about 2/3 of the way through breakfast. Oh, and it was burned beyond being edible and so cold that it could not melt the butter. But, it did not matter because my wife shared her rye toast. And a biggee that we were not prepared for. It is a cash only place. Maybe we should have known but we did not. So, I am telling you so you are not surprised. I would go back for sure and I will be better prepared.

Been to Hank's Place? Share your experiences!