“an excellant seafood experience, marred only by a sarcastic waitperson”
Review of Chadds Ford Tavern

Chadds Ford Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Chadds Ford Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 43 Restaurants in Chadds Ford
Price range: US$6 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: This an old Tavern with great charm, an inviting warm atmosphere that is complemented by a friendly and attentive staff. The food is fresh, very tasty, and reasonably priced.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As stated in my title, the seafood offerings at this pleasant eatery were first-rate in their overall quality. My wife and I shared a tasty appetizer of nicely prepared mussels and clams in a delicate white wine and garlic sauce, accompanied by crispy focaccia toasts to soak up the lovely broth. For our entrees, we ordered a jumbo crab cake served on a brioche bun with homemade French fries and seared scallops on a bed of polenta with spinach in a nice cream sauce. All of this was incredibly delicious and expertly prepared. For dessert, we shared a generous crème brulee topped with fresh strawberry slices, followed by a decent cup of coffee. I only wish that I could have had a glass of cold white wine to heighten the dining experience, but I was driving and it would have lowered my reaction time...
Sadly, however, this fine dining adventure was awkwardly compromised by a middle-aged waitress called Kitty, who just had to make personal comments about our eating and snippy remarks about us in general. Once again, then, as is so often the case in our country, waitstaff have not learned to keep their opinions to themselves. Despite the excellence of the dishes, and cooking, we would most likely never return to this establishment, as they have not trained their servers to behave in a civil and professional manner.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Soooo glad the new owner, Phil Ferro, decided to resurrect this historic and wonderful landmark! He has done it with class and a warm, welcoming atmosphere. The food is outstanding - from the specials like 'All You Can Eat Alaskan Crab Legs' to the raw bar & excellent sandwich menu, it's hard NOT to find something that appeals to all. Happy Hour is a generous 4-6 with 1/2 price off all drinks & Happy Hour food specials. The Chicken Club is amazing! The entertainment is almost every day with live 4 piece Blues band yesterday (Monday)! The restaurant was PACKED - on a Monday! THAT says alot about the success of this great local treasure. Bar staff - Jan, Pete, Scott - all are so kind, courteous & accommodating. A great non-chain, local Pennsylvania business success - Love it and you will too!

1  Thank MaryChaddsFord
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

So happy that after many years they have reopened and now serve lunch and Sunday brunch! Some things are overpriced but Chadds Ford And “Chateau Country “ is Home to many wealthy people so....
Give it a go...

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Sunday/Monday Special! Entree came with fries and corn on the cob. Crabs we're delicious! Happy hour too! Reduced drinks/beer. Highly recommend!

1  Thank Gloria B
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Was there yesterday with my family for Father's Day. All in all, food was very satisfying, nothing over the top though. Our baked clams could have been left in the oven a little longer so the breadcrumbed topping could be a little more browned/more done. When it was time for dessert, I the father, opted for an Expresso Martini while others in the party got the usual fare of sweets. My Martini was listed as having several different liquors and I was so in the mood for something like this. Then it came to the table. I took one sip and all I tasted was water. I let my son have a sip and he said, Dad, it tastes like water. I sent the cocktail back. The waitresss returned with another, I took one sip and I could not believe it, was not much better. Still was watery. Do they water down their liquor? Do they shake and shake and over shake the cocktail so all the spirits dilute before it reaches the glass? Not too sure. What I am sure about is that a cocktail like this should be top notch with all the liquors it had listed in it. I've had Expresso Martinis out before and they were outstanding. So for the $12 I was charged for this drink, I was totally disappointed. I returned home afterwards and put on a pot of Expresso, took out my Absolute, Expresso Ice Cream, Coffee Sambuca and Hershey's Chocolate Syrup and made myself a top notch Expresso Martini. Do yourself a favor, don't order this cocktail. You'll save yourself not only a big disappointment but $12 as well.

Been to Chadds Ford Tavern? Share your experiences!