Lowest prices for your stay
US$180
View deal
Free cancellation until 21/09/30
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreamsUS$199
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 June 2021 via mobile

Very clean and comfortable room. Parking was fantastic. Ice water & coffee station available 24/7 in lobby. Breakfast options were continental, not great for gluten or dairy free, but there was fresh fruit available. Excellent staff. Beautiful little courtyard.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Sarah O'Fee, Marketing at Hotel Anthracite, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2021

Dear GypsyGeorgia,

We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Anthracite. Thank you for sharing a review. We appreciate your kind compliments and will be sure to share them with our staff. It's wonderful to hear you were happy with the accommodations and amenities. Please come again. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 29 April 2021

Having stayed at this hotel before we knew of the excellent facilities and staff, but were astonished when the general manager and staff came to our rescue when the ignition key on our rental car broke down the night before the funeral and a tow truck was to arrive and take me to around eight miles away to replace the vehicle. It was late and the branch closed at noon so I was in the lobby trying to arrange a ride from a taxi or passenger service to pick up the new vehicle so I could get back for the funeral and have the vehicle towed later as I could not burden the family. The desk attendant (tall with red hair) must of heard me and alerted the general manager who listened patiently until I got off of the phone. He said he would arrange a ride and quickly did and when I got back with the replacement car and was parked near the disabled vehicle ready to text the road side assistance to delay arrival until after the funeral, the general manager and hotel engineer came up and said they would try to start the car. They got the key to turn by a foot on the break, pulling on the steering wheel, and holding the wheel in the turned position while turning the key. I had done this many times before, but did not know I needed to turn the key while I held the wheel in a turned position. This saved a tow and we were able to get to the funeral on time. Have stayed in many hotels across the country and never encountered such attention to the needs and circumstances of hotel guests. What an super exceptional general manager and staff. P.S. this was more amazing as it was during a time when the hotel was extremely busy with guests attending a road rally nearby and we observed how efficiently and considerately they treated those guests also.

Room tip: We enjoyed a room with a view of main street although their are rooms viewing the attractive and popular court yard.
Date of stay: April 2021
Sarah O'Fee, Marketing at Hotel Anthracite, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2021

Dear E3815JQroberts,

Our deepest sympathies for your loss. We're happy we could be of assistance during this difficult time. Thank you for sharing a review and for your very kind words. We'll be sure to share your comments with our staff. The comfort and care of our guests is always our top priority. We're so glad we could help during this trying time.

Reviewed 26 April 2021

Stayed here for 3 nights as part of the rally event at Camp Freedom. Excellent location, friendly staff, spacious, clean rooms, great bar and good food. Far more than I expected. Can't go wrong in staying here.

Date of stay: April 2021
Sarah O'Fee, Marketing at Hotel Anthracite, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2021

Dear danielsC748022,

Thank you for taking a time to share a review. We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Anthracite. Thank you for your kind compliments. We'll be sure to share them with the staff. We're glad you enjoyed our location in downtown Carbondale and took the opportunity to enjoy dinner at our restaurant, Kol Steakhouse. Please come again. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 12 April 2021

We were pleasantly surprised at the ambiance of this hotel. The lobby was quite beautiful and the staff was very professional and efficient. Our room was exceptional! Clean and we had a nice sofa too. We felt very safe as well. Great value for the money! Ate next door at McConnells that had booths and we felt very safe.

1  Thank EVGR
Sarah O'Fee, Marketing at Hotel Anthracite, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2021

Dear EVGR,
Thank you for choosing Hotel Anthracite. We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay. It's wonderful to hear you were happy with your accommodations and the atmosphere of the hotel. We'll be sure to share your kind compliments with our staff. Please come again. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 18 February 2021

I'm not sure what happened to proper management. I tend to hear the phrase, "I'm sorry", way to much here. I'm not sure how this hotel is a resort -- far from it -- but you won't find anything nicer in the town. With Covid, there really is no breakfast, and the restaurant is only open a couple days of the week -- it's not excellent by any means. I've stayed here at least 5 times in the past few months. One time I'll get a good room and have a good experience. The next time, I'll have the stompers above me, noisy street or placed near a courtyard where smokers are. Mind you -- the windows don't open. One I was given a room that clearly smelled like smoke and a dinging chime. The next room smelled a like pot smoking near the desk. My current room is missing the microwave and has a broken desk chair. I just can't do this again -- stomping above and running kids in the halls. I can hear the neighbors talking in the bathroom. Shame. Nice sized rooms and comfy beds. Jaded experience.

Date of stay: February 2021
Sarah O'Fee, Marketing at Hotel Anthracite, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2021

Dear Cheryl,
We’re sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent stay at Hotel Anthracite. We appreciate the feedback and sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you experienced. We do strive to provide an exemplary stay to every guest, every time. We’re sorry we fell short. Your concerns are important to us and we will certainly share them with our staff so they may be rectified in the future. Hotel Anthracite is a modern boutique hotel in downtown Carbondale. While we do provide several upscale amenities, the hotel is not a resort. As you said, due to ongoing COVID-19 restrictions we are not allowed to offer our standard expanded complimentary continental breakfast. Although we do provide guests with an alternative. If you would like to discuss anything further, please feel free to reach out to our manager, Chad, directly at CCoble@settlershospitality.com