“Nice place.”

Colonel Ricketts Hard Cider
Ranked #2 of 8 things to do in Benton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: We are a local family run Cidery that makes Appalachian style Cider. We have been making Cider for over 40 years and have been in the business for 8 years. We currently we have 8 different Ciders, all are created from the varieties of apples we press together. Tastings are FREE. From May to Nov we are located in Green Acres Barn, 4360 Red Rock Rd. Benton, Pa. The Barn has local goods, fun finds, antiques and more. Kids and dogs are welcome too!! We love our little town and one of the perks is being just 10 minutes from beautiful Ricketts Glenn State Park, which boasts 22 waterfalls on its hiking trails. We do numerous events on sight throughout the year and also attend some local wine festivals. Check out our website or FaceBook for the most up to date information.
Reviewed 29 July 2016

Interesting place and friendly owner, we tried several, but only enjoyed the Fuji. Pricey, but we bought a few for family members. Enjoyed hearing the story of the beginnings, especially since it is my husband's family name.

Reviewed 15 June 2016

The cider itself was very different, if you are into trying new things you have to try it! Beyond the cider, the people are very nice and the gift shop has some unique items for purchase. The location in the old barn makes an impression!

Reviewed 3 June 2016

Ah, wonderful!
The tasting room is within a rustic barn that is shared by other establishments. I am sure they are glad it is here since it brings in lots of foot traffic.
The attendants are well informed about wines, the products and the history of the area as well as Col. Ricketts himself.
This wine is different from what you used to experiencing, it has a very distinct apple flavor.
There is no fee and one is encouraged to sample each of the samples, no restriction as to only 3 or 4.
I liked each that I tried and had a difficult time making a final selection . . . so I bought two of each.

1  Thank ChocolateCzar
Reviewed 2 May 2016

After our hike and camping trip at Ricketts Glen we decided to stop and check out this place which has hard ciders. Absolutely worth the stop. The owner gave us a full tour and the variety was fantastic. I actually liked all of the ciders I tasted which ranged from sweet to a little sour to ones that had hints of vanilla. I felt like there was a lot of care and attention that went into the making of these ciders.