“Cabin Gem in Woods, Close to Glorious Waterfalls”
other travellers have booked this property
IMG_1398.JPG IMG_1400.JPG
IMG_1398.JPG
IMG_1400.JPG
100 2228
100 2226
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 48 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Charlene...
“Cabin Gem in Woods, Close to Glorious Waterfalls”
Reviewed 20 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

My husband and I had a spectacular time visiting Rickets Glen waterfalls, as we stayed in this perfect cabin. It had everything to be comfortable (shower with good pressure, comfortable beds, heat, indoor stove & heater, outdoor firepit, grill, covered porch, washer/dryer and tv with movies and games even!). It was great. Its located on opposite side of state park, so its close to falls, but a tad less busy. 2 rivers converge into one to make a Y. The nearest walkway to falls is near the bottom of the y. First day we walked up y stem and then to right to 64 foot fall & back. Next day we walked up stem and branched to left of y to the 94 foot fall. This way we saw most of the falls (except 4 smaller ones) without having to walk as much since I had recently sprained my leg. The forest and falls were breathtaking!!! This cabin was perfect for the experience. We even saw deer from the porch, grazing at dusk around the house.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: cozy, secluded, close to park.beautiful!
Liked least: nothing.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Kipper77
“A comfortable cabin close to Ricketts Glen State Park”
Reviewed 4 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Great cabin. We will stay here again. Secluded but not too far out of the way. One thing to note is that you do need to drive to Lake Jean and the main entrance to the park. You can walk to the southernmost part of the state park but it is a few miles to Lake Jean.

Lily T
“The ONLY place to stay in Benton”
Reviewed 21 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

We found our nest egg! This place is the absolute best place to be for a family getaway. It comfortably fit all 6 of us, we were able to relax without turning on the tv, which BTW is stocked with movies as well as digital cable! I've stayed at 10 different places for my Ricketts Glen trips and this is going to be our spot from here on out. Fully stocked kitchen, the most beautiful outdoor space in a secluded area, intimate for a quiet or fun time outside. I cannot say enough about the place. Jeff, the owner, is the nicest man and always makes himself available to his tenants. Thank you so much for making this trip absolutely wonderful!

Marilyn F
West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
“The perfect cabin for a great weekend at Rickett's Glen”
Reviewed 16 July 2016 for a stay in May 2016

The cabin was clean and nicely decorated. The kitchen is well supplied. The wood burning stove was perfect for the cool weather. My 7 year old granddaughter loved the spiral staircase and Pictionary. There is a nice firepit. The one negative I have is that the a few plastic Adirondack chairs were cracked and couldn't be used. 5 minutes to the park and the rickets glen inn/restaurant is literally across the street. They had the best clam chowder I have ever had. We would go back in a second!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Quaint, cabiny feel
Liked least: beds were just ok
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
carla b
“The cabin in the woods was a nice escape.”
Reviewed 15 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

The cabin was very difficult to find. The directions given to me were if I was coming in from one direction but unfortunately, I came from the other end of town. I tried calling but got no answer and no call back.
The house was semi clean with the refrigerator needing a good scrubbing. as far as beds go, I think there are other ways to protect a mattress other than a plastic sheet.
There was no information about the falls inside the cabin other than a hand drawn map. Visitors to the area like to be informed. Thankfully I came prepared for the hikes and knew where I wanted to go.
All in all, the cabin was alright. Back porch chairs need replaced and some updates throughout.
I think the cabin needs a woman's touch to make it a bit more cozy.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing