“Cheese, Wine, Gift Shop”

Blue Heron Cheese & Wine Company
Ranked #1 of 4 Shopping in Tillamook
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Some interesting cheeses and lots of other products from Oregon for purchase. We visited early in the morning so the wine tasting was not what I wanted. The cheese is available for purchase however it is not locally made.

1  Thank 927kerrys
in 5 reviews
"picnic tables"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

First, once I got a sample of the brie cheese, it was very tasty. Very smooth and creamy. It seems like brie is all they make on site. There were 3 people behind the counter, all with their backs to the customers. Totally ignoring me. I looked around and came back 3 times. Finally, got a sample. By then I was kind of pissed about being ignored and didn't want to give them my money. We weren't the only people in the store. They should have stopped cleaning to provide some customer service. It was raining, so the animals were inside. The guinea hens were huddled under picnic tables. Boyfriend liked the old trucks train. Mostly a big gift shop. Nope. Not going back.

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank Annette M
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

They had 3 cheeses to taste and you could get 5 wine tastes for $5. We are not big wine drinkers...and don’t hate us but we prefer semi sweet to sweet whites. We ended up with a nice Italian one...I know, I know but local but when the wife likes something you buy it for her. They had lots of dips, jams and mustards to sample. Maybe we just hit a bad time. Stop in and give it a shot.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 28 May 2018

We saw several signs for the Blue Heron on our way up the Oregon Coast. We knew we had to stop as we are both wine and cheese heads. I particularly like trying local and French cheeses are my favorite. Nice building and surrounds for picnic and kids.
I was disappointed when we walked in to find that this is another road side attraction with lots of things for sale. The Blue Heron Cheese is limited to Brie. Samples were aplenty. The other cheeses in the case were things I could get at my local market or at Whole Foods. Wines were extremely expensive by the bottle. We don't sample wine while driving, but there were many people doing so.
I would not return nor recommend a stop unless you are into gift shops.

1  Thank gdr23