“Review is for 9th and Main restaurant, not food cart”
Review of Gambinos Hut

Gambinos Hut
Ranked #27 of 189 Restaurants in Springfield
Price range: US$4 - US$9
Description: We are a family owned business , we hand sliced our meat and make every order fresh . We also make our own sweet tea , Cole slaw and BBQ sauces come see us today
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

In Great Wall parking lot, across from Toyota on 9th and Main, 17 parking spots, about 14 tables, clean, tv, music, one grab toy game, tables and chairs (disabled friendly) very, very friendly staff, grubhub delivery, plastic baskets (recyl) and paper (plastic straws tho). Organic catsup on table, coffee, soda machine. Open 3 months at this location. Sandwiches, fries, chips, onion rings, ice cream, some desserts, coffee. Had the philly but was disappointed, bread was super fresh, plenty of bell pepper and onion chunks, enough meat but the flavor was odd, some sort of sauce, very little cheese, gave it a C+, brother had Italian (B) good ingredients, but not inspired. Onion rings (about 8) were fine, but not outstanding, it is okay, but no fireworks. Prices $10-14 per sandwich ($2 extra for fries or onion rings) sodas around $2.50, chips come with sandwich, price a tad high, I think, at $6 it would be better, or even $8, but for $9 you can get a buffet lunch or for $12 you could have 6 Costco sausages and 180 oz of soda, so for sheer volume not the best deal in town for super budget conscious, but it is in line with places like the Plank or Hop Valley or Applebees or Olive Garden.

1  Thank Cindy S

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

So we tried out the location, dining in, for the first time. The gal behind the counter was super friendly and product knowledgeable, answering all of our questions.
The place is a re-designed lottery location. No machines this time though, instead an air hockey table, a foos ball table, and combat video game. This area is very loud and bleeds over into the dining area- making a barrier to normal conversation.
The bathroom is a mystery. No sign, no noted lock. Just a picture of a long uphill path on the exterior. Turns out the door locks from the outside. If you close it when you leave, the bathroom will be locked for everyone at that point.
The lobby is not really designed to hold very many people, and overall could use updating and general organization. Some decorating and structure conducive to the theme that they are conveying conducive to the theme that they are conveying would really go a long way.
Let’s get to the meat of the review. The meat. I’m going to be honest. I enjoyed my giant philly as far as the meat and portion size (wow!), but felt that there was little balance of onions, peppers, and added mushrooms. Just a lot of meat!!
The rest of the family felt the same. A lot of delicious meat but nothing to really balance the sandwich. More slaw on the chicken, and more flavor to the fish. What really affected the average food experience negatively was the wait time. I felt like we sat out in the dining area for quite awhile. Don’t get me wrong, I fully understand that it is not “fast food”, but having such a long wait time really made me hopeful that this would be the best philly sandwich that I had ever had. Not the case, sadly. Not to mention $81 for our group seemed more pricey than the experience.
Let me break it down:
Service- 5 stars
Food- 3 stars
Price- 2 stars
Atmosphere- 3 stars
Wait time- 2 stars
Might consider delivery in the future, but not sure that we would dine in again.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

I heard about their cheese steak and decided to check it out and I'm glad I did. The service was great, the food was fresh, and their locally baked deserts really sold me on the place. I recommend it to anyone looking for a good meal or even just a snack.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Hands down the best Philly I've had in this town.
The root beer float is amazing.
Friendly staff and good service make for a pleasant dining experience with games and lots of shade to enjoy your meal.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

Was in town visiting some friends earlier this month and ran across this place while looking for a bite to eat so decided why not try it. Let me tell you what I find it was. The Spicy Philly I Ordered was just the right amount of heat mixed with what I found out was fresh sliced Rib Eye. Kinda reminded me of Pats or Gino's in Philly. The dessert was also good and found out it was made locally. So since I love Great Food and always try to support local businesses this was a Win/Win situation. So if you find yourself looking for a great place to eat with good service then look no further! In the words of Arnold "I'll be back"

Been to Gambinos Hut? Share your experiences!