“Brought back such wonderful childhood memories!”

Flashback MALT Shoppe
Ranked #4 of 11 Dessert in Seaside
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We loved the idea of this shop (old fashioned) so we stopped in and ended up speaking for quite a while with the owners, who were both so friendly and interesting. Since we had just eaten dinner, we didn't order any ice cream but will definitely go back the next time we visit Seaside.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place takes me back to the times of a friendly soda shop complete with counter-top stools, pictures, posters, and other paraphenelia. And...the chocolate malt I had was DELICIOUS! I highly recommend this place to anyone hankering for a homemade ice cream treat.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband loved it- tons of knicknacks and up front is what could be a super charming little malt shop, but the warning signs about not touching anything kind of throw the mood. I'm pretty picky, so I wasn't stoked on the oil instead of dairy based ice cream/whipped cream, and she DID warn us that the corndogs would be microwaved, but we were hungry. It's great for some people I'm sure, but not a place I'd likely frequent.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

Chowder was OK. the service could have been better. the prices were very high. it was 30 bucks for 2 lunch specials.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

This shop has some very unique postcards and souvenirs--make sure to stop if you're looking for gifts to take home. Also, the shopkeepers are exceptionally friendly and helpful.