“Warm, friendly, big fun!”
other traveller has booked this property
Dining with a view Living Room with cozy furnishings
The Red Room is upstairs
The view from the Red Room
The Kids Room is upstairs
The Game Room
The beach outside or home
My son enjoying the surf outside our home
Our guests enjoying the view outside our home.
Stay with us and this could be your view!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
PortlandR...
Portland, Oregon
“Warm, friendly, big fun!”
Reviewed 13 November 2011 for a stay in November 2011

Our family just retuned from a weekend stay at A Loafer's Paradise and I couldn't wait to share how much we enjoyed ourselves!

Some random comments I heard throughout the stay: "This place is awesome!" "Wow, a pool table! Look, there's a foosball table too!" "I get the top bunk!" (Resonse from his wife: "Uh, I don't think so...")

First impression was being enveloped in warmth when we opened the front door, as the owners were thoughtful enough to make sure the heat had been turned up prior to our arrival. After unloading our stuff and exploring (the house is wonderfully spacious), we all commented on how clean and neat everything was.

All of the bathrooms and the kitchen were well stocked with toilet paper, paper towels and other disposables -- a pleasant surprise compared to other places we've rented. Plenty of soap for dish and clothes washing too. Something really great: lots and lots of clean towels!

All the bedrooms are generously sized and the basement game room is outstanding! I forgot how much fun a foosball tournament can can be :-)

The kitchen has plenty of cups, glasses, plates and cutlery and there are lots of small appliances you don't normally find (waffle maker, griddle, blender, mixer, etc.), lots of cooking utensils and serving dishes. The dining room table holds 8 comfortably -- and a high chair too.

Oh, another unexpected bonus -- lots and lots of hot water for showers, washing dishes and laundry!

The weather outside was perfect late fall beach weather: cold, rainy and windy. Sitting inside by the fireplace listening to the rain lash the windows while staying warm and cozy in front of the fireplace was awesome.

Now for the bad... <crickets chirping>. Hmmm. <Jeopardy theme song playing>. The only things we could think of was the TV had no NFL network channel ( seriously -- it's football season, we need NFL network on Sunday morning), and we couldn't find any black pepper in the kitchen. Horrors, right?

Jeff and family, thank you so much for sharing your lovely home with us. We are already planning our retun trip. Oh, and you have black pepper now :-)

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Spaciousness, variety of activities, cleanliness
Liked least: We couldn't stay even longer
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Oklahoma
Reviewed 20 October 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: location - view, number of beds and baths
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 65+
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Large groups

CA
Reviewed 24 August 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Your age range 35-44
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$300
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing