“Incredibly slow !”
Review of Clyde Common

Clyde Common
Reserve with OpenTable
Clyde Common is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #177 of 4 676 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We were a group of 10 for an evening reservation. It took 90 minutes for us to get the first bite !!!! And this one wasn’t even outstanding.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

We sat at the bar and had drinks and popcorn. The drinks were stellar and the service was top notch. We loved our bartender as he was funny and informative. Will definitely be back next time we're in town!

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

A few years ago, as an amateur mixologist, I had studied
Jeff Morgenthaler and his work on mixology & bartending. I knew that he managed the Clyde Common bar and told myself that if I ever found myself in Portland, I would visit. Portland was never on my list of must go places, but I was happy that my volunteer work brought me here.

Anyways. The bar is well stocked. Our bartender went by "Banjo". He was well prepared to make all the drinks on the menu as well as those not listed, but documented by Morgenthaler. I had the best drinks, the Sezerac, Ameretto Sour, Old pal, Southbound Suarez, Algonquin were the BEST that I have had. I had an old fashioned that was great, but not the best. So that you know, after the first two, I let Banjo lead the way by making what he thought that I would like.

I think of Banjo as one would view a professional baseball player with a batting average of 1000, or a basketball player that swishes every shot. Wow! Was I impressed and I thoroughly enjoyed my whole experience. Banjo made me feel at home and gave some great advice.

Banjo, thank you for making my trip to Portland spectacular, I think you are a great bartender with serious gifts!

1  Thank dankit1
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Dined at Clyde Common from a friend’s recommendation. Food was excellent. I recommend the grilled pork loin & bourbon barrel trout. Noise level is high. Service was friendly, attentive and prompt.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Excellent popcorn & charcuterie board on the appetizer menu. The service was professional & prompt. I have both food allergies & intolerances. The servers & kitchen staff were very accommodating and made sure we were not served anything that could have had a negative affect on my health or the dining experience. We returned for drinks the night after initially dining here. It is very loud and difficult to have a conversation or enjoy a quiet meal but a fun place overall.

Been to Clyde Common? Share your experiences!