“Not the best, but not bad. Pho-ing ok.”
Review of Pho Van

Pho Van
Ranked #219 of 4 815 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Other than their fried eggrolls everything else is about avg. The portions are not that great for the price. The place is spacious , but it seems like there's a lot of wasted space in there. Nice looking decor. Service was alright, not the best. Had to ask several times for cilantro. Water refill can be upsetting sometimes. This place is a little more americanized, nothing wrong with it, but considering I go to a lot of pho places, this is not my top choice.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

Salad rolls were excellent, grilled catfish noodle dish was very good, vegetarian tofu noodle dish was very good. Service was friendly but slow. We were done eating most of our food before they brought out last dish.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Went for lunch and were pleasantly surprised. Parking lot full, but empty tables inside and we waited about 5 minutes to be seated; I'm guessing they slow down seating people depending on help available. Nice atmosphere with a variety of tables and booths to choose from. Service was attentive and fine. I had rice plate with 3 types of pork; tasty, different, and interesting. Didn't see fried rice plates which is what I usually order. Partner had beef pho and thought it was great. What made it great was "not salty" which is the usual complaint at many places. We will go back again when the chance occurs.

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Wow this place is awesome as always!
I haven’t been here in years and it is still the same outstanding food!!
I highly recommend this place in the Pearl district

Reviewed 2 September 2017

During our vacation in Portland, OR we stopped at Pho Van for lunch. I have eaten at two other Vietnamese restaurants but neither compares with this one. We were seated promptly and our orders were taken. When my entree arrived, I was not sure what to do. The waitress picked up on this and asked if she could demonstrate and prepare my first item. I don't remember the name of my entree but I will never forget what it tasted like. This was out right good. Pho Van will be my standard to what a Vietnamese Restaurant should be like. I loved it.