“Oh Yeah!!!! Yummy!”
Review of Blue Star Donuts

Blue Star Donuts
Ranked #4 of 79 Bakeries in Portland
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: "Donuts for Grownups!" Blue Star Donuts is a gourmet donut concept founded in Portland, OR in 2012. Our donuts are made from a classic brioche recipe that originated in the south of France. The dough takes 18 hours to make and is made by hand every day; we start with a high quality bread flour, add cage-free eggs, whole hormone-free milk, and then fold in a European-style butter. Our donuts, glazes, and fillings are made fresh throughout the day, without artificial colors or preservatives, and we prioritize collaborations with our community vendors. Selections change seasonally and sell out quickly. We proudly serve "Blue Star Blend" by award-winning Coava Coffee Roasters, as well as Steve Smith teas.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Vegan? No Problem- my favourite Vegan donut is the Olive Oil and my favourite all timer is the Creme Brûlée simply because it had a test tube looking thing sticking out of it - lol . I tried 6 donuts on my visit and while they were all good - the Lemon custard was top rated!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1 189)

50 - 54 of 1 189 reviews

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I was so excited to try this place. The place is cute and the donuts are beautiful. I ordered the creme brûlée donut and the almond ganache. I really liked the almond ganache, although it was super rich. The creme brûlée was so gross. I don’t recommend it. I got good pictures here, but overall it wasn’t the best experience.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Our uber driver told us to go here, and we are so glad we did!
The selection and flavor choices were mind blowing. It was seriously hard for us to pick two flavors. We decided on the blueberry basil and the vanilla chocolate crunch doughnuts. They were both delicious and just as promising as their names were.
Next time we are getting the creme bruleeeee!!

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Number two in mindshare to that Portland doughnut shop that starts with a "V", nonetheless Blue Star Doughnuts had quite a buzz going on. The coffee was good, but the doughnuts my wife and I had were delicious. The semi-crowded store only accentuated the idea that there is something special about eating here. In short, this is a clean, well-lighted place that efficiently serves delicious doughnuts.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

So much flavor! These donuts were absolutely fantastic. Would highly recommend giving them a visit while in Portland