Free cancellation until 28/07
US$157
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$218
  • Breakfast included
Nordic Inn and Suites(Portland)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$125
US$81
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$95/night.

Reviews (1 162)
1 162 results
All reviewsfull kitchenfree parkingfree ticketsstreetcar lineyogurtbright colorssalt water taffythe pearlstreetcar noisefunky decorfree street caralice in wonderlandrooftop terracegreat neighborhoodsitting areasmall balconyhard boiled eggs
35 - 40 of 1 162 reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Quirky and very different experience for the average Englishman. This is what I would term as a low-budget hotel very much in the same vein as a French Formule 1 or similar. Concierge service was available on arrival and this was friendly and courteous. The big difference that I have found with this hotel is the nutty decor. It's great! Loads of fun to look at and it looks like a bomb has gone off in the set archive of an Austin Powers flick. The room was a self-contained suite thing with a 50's/60's retro shabby chic thing going on. Comfortable enough but I didn't spend much time in it as I was on business so it was just a bed for the week I was there. The fridge was a pain in the ear as the condenser made a racket but I whipped the plug out of the wall on night 1 and it soon cured it. (returned to full operational readiness on leaving!). Being at the bottom end of the accommodation market, the other clientele seemed to be a curious mix of low-rent business travellers and strange elderly residents. Breakfast was a bit of an education: DIY waffles and packet yogurt with very natty plastic cutlery. I'm not sure if this was part of the irony package or if it was just cheap but whatever, it was as I say, a bed for the night and the sheets and bathroom were clean. As business hotels go, it's not what I'm used to. As cheap accommodation goes, its ok and adds a dash of colour to an otherwise drab experience. You get what you pay for I guess.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank Phil S
Audie M, General Manager at Inn at Northrup Station, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank-you for the review!

Any time a guest compares us to that randy Austin Powers we love it! We are so happy you enjoyed the decor and the cleanliness that our housekeepers pride themselves on. As we continue to upgrade our hotel, I hope that on your next visit you will be able to enjoy a newly renovated room with brand new quiet appliances and even more 60s style retro atmosphere!

While we stock every room with reusable metal cutlery, we try to do our part with the recyclable cutlery at our European style continental breakfast in our lobby.

We hope on your next visit that you are able to enjoy one of our lobby events such as Wine Down Wednesday, Hoppy Hour Thursday or my favorite Sundae Sunday! Our regular guests love these.

Cheers!
Audie

Reviewed 27 March 2018

After selling my condo in Portland I still have need to come to Portland regularly so wanted to find a place I can come back to over and over. I wanted to love this place as it looks great from the outside of the building and is in a great neighborhood. I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either. Here's why?

What To Love:
The rooms are huge as it's an all suite hotel. The small kitchen has everything you need if that's important to you. The room (216) had a retro look with bright colors and funky fun furniture. This room was on the street side of NW Northrup so it had a small balcony.
This is a great neighborhood with lots of places to eat and transportation is easy.
They have a simple continental breakfast if you want to brave the elbows (it was busy on my stay).
The numerous bowls of candy (salt water taffy is so good) were all over and you help yourself.

What Not To Love:
The building was originally built in the 70s and has been updated however the flooring must be original. I could hear creaks and squeaks from the foot steps of the people in the room above continually and all night long and it was loud. The hallways squeak when you walk down them. (Hint: See if you can get the 3rd floor which is the top, to avoid this issue)
The Street Car is right outside and it goes by regularly. That's great if you want to use it to get downtown but it's noisy and you hear it well into the evening and the mini vibration of the bed wasn't desired. You hear traffic going by as well so I had a hard time sleeping with all the noises. (Hint: the rooms on the back of the hotel might be quieter).
Parking is free but it was full both nights I was there. So it didn't do me any good and I had to park on the street. City parking is free past 7 PM till 9 AM the next morning so no problem there but it was a hassle for me to plan around having to move my car to avoid city parking costs.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wolfzero2
Audie M, General Manager at Inn at Northrup Station, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Thank-you for the review!

I am glad to hear that you found our rooms so spacious and funky fun! You are correct about our historical building being close to great restaurants and easy transportation such as the streetcar. While it is noisy it does stop around 11:30 at night and doesn't start again until 5:30 in the morning. If the street noise is too much, be sure to ask to stay on the backside of the hotel, much quieter! As with all of our improvements, we are always striving to make things better. We will soon replace carpeting in the hallways which will give us the opportunity to reinforce the walkways and make them quieter. We are also renovating our guest rooms to make them quieter also.

We hope to see you again and give you the chance to see our improvements!

Happy travels

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Third time at the Inn, and will come back again as my niece just moved to Portland. This place is close to great restaurants and shopping, quiet, has well appointed rooms, and a great staff. While we haven’t used it, the kitchen is ample and could easily be used to cook a full meal. I can’t imagine staying anywhere else on a trip to Portland.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank RJSimon2014
Management response:Responded 28 March 2018

Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to visit your niece. Isn't this neighborhood great?! If you do decide to use the kitchen on your next visit definitely check out New Seasons our closest neighborhood grocery store, they are wonderful and just a few blocks away. If you haven't already be sure to sign up for our Inn Crowd so you can start earning points toward a free night. Take care and see you next trip!

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We loved our visit to The In at Northrup Station. It's has a quirky, yet very modern look. It's conveniently located to catch a streetcar or walk anywhere in Portland. We walked from downtown and it wasn't bad at all and really gave us a chance to see the city. The staff are second to none and really make you feel like home. All of the locally sourced items are an added bonus. Parking is free, but on a first come first served basis. However, if parking isn't available, the staff will help you. We will continue to use this location every time we come to Portland.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 27 March 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel and especially our staff. I will be sure to pass your compliments along and we are so lucky to have such a wonderful team here at the Inn. That's great you were able to use the complimentary streetcar tickets to explore our city and not have to worry about driving around the city and finding parking downtown. We look forward to seeing you again and hope you had a safe trip home!

Reviewed 22 March 2018

We stayed for two nights on a weekend. The rooms look like they have been recently redone and are fun and modern. The room had a small kitchenette with stove, microwave, dishwasher and coffee maker. The bed was very comfortable and the room had two televisions. (We had a devil of a time turning off the one in the sitting room since the remotes worked both televisions.) Breakfast is served every morning in the lobby with a nice choice of bake-em-yourself waffles, bagels, toast or cereal. We appreciated the coffee maker in the hallway next to the check in desk. The quieter rooms are in the back of the hotel, the ones on the street are noisy due to the tram. Definitely a place to return to when in Portland.

Room Tip: For a quiet room, avoid the street side.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 27 March 2018

Hello and thank you for staying with us!

You are right! We have been working on renovating our rooms and are excited for our guests to experience the new kitchens, paint colors and fixtures. We are so glad you found the room comfortable and got the opportunity to enjoy our continental breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you on your next trip to Portland and always feel free to mention your room location requests at the time of reservation and we'll make notes and do everything we can to accommodate when assigning rooms. Take care!