All reviews front desk rose garden within a mile radius keurig coffee maker free shuttle across the river room service self parking comfortable beds lloyd center hotel shuttle shuttle service very nice hotel hotel restaurant few blocks the pearl downtown
Reviewed 26 March 2018

We are a family of 4 on our first trip to Portland. The hotel is in a pretty good location with the stop for the tram to downtown within a 2 minute walk and the hotel offers a free shuttle service as well. Hotel is also within walking distance to the NBA basketball arena. The pool was great for the kids and the breakfast had a good selection of items, both hot and cold. We were also appreciative of the fact that proper plates and cutlery were used as opposed to paper plates and plastic which is often found in hotels and dreadfully bad for the environment. The staff in the hotel were fantastic and very helpful, especially the check-in staff and gentleman at concierge. Our only minor hiccup was that our room did not get serviced on our first day, so tea/coffee was not replenished and the bathroom wasn't 100% clean on arrival. Overall, would definitely recommend the hotel as a great value place to stay in Portland.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Zygmunt L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

We look forward to seeing you again when you return to Portland.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

We decided to stay here instead of our usual Red Lion Lloyd Center where we normally stay. I was a little hesitant because I have been here for some meetings held in the past and the hotel looked a little worn down in my opinion. This time it looked that they have done some renovations and everything felt cleaner and newer. The front desk staff was exceptionally friendly and they even gave me a better room level than I had originally booked. Through our entire stay the front desk staff greeted us with eye contact and friendly conversation. Staff who are well trained by the company makes the difference between an OK stay and a really good stay. Great Job Front Desk!!!

Room Tip: Ask front desk, they are very helpful and willing
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Zygmunt L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Thank you for staying with us and for your review. We appreciate you acknowledging the friendly staff and pointing out the level of our room features and amenities. We look forward to seeing you again hopefully soon, summer in Oregon is an exceptional time to visit. Please let me know if I can be of service while you make your future plans.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Hotels added fee's were too much. Rooms old with stained popcorn ceilings. Parking lot shared with general public and not secure with a high fee.
Front desk girl was extremely nice but had 5 calls on hold trying to help me. Her supervisor came out from back office oblivious to the chaos and of no help. A ridiculous shrine of awards 10+ years old on counter. Bad neighborhood with people sleepying in bushes and trash scattered everywhere.
Other reviewers like it's location to events but I still would not stay again. It was also very expensive plus fees taxes etc.
I have stayed in better motels along the road.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for staying and taking the time to write a review. I am sorry that our location was not ideal for your situation, many people enjoy the convenience and accessibility to the pearl, eastside, Lloyd District, Convention Center and the Rose Quarter. I do apologize that Portland like many larger cities struggle with the homeless not unique to our neighborhood or the city. Our neighborhood goes to great length to insure livability and safety but I would always remind anyone to be cautious while traveling in an urban environment.
I would also like to let guests know that we do not have any fees besides our parking which is a fraction of the cost of the west side hotels and less than our neighbors.

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

We were only able to stay one night, we needed a hotel in walking distance to the Moda center for an event we were going to. I really only chose this hotel because of location. BUT we were surprised and will use them again. Great front desk staff (I believe his name was Tek?) very helpful!!! Great room, great price, no complaints! BUT i will say, call them directly, do not use Booking.com they gave us nothing but trouble.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Zygmunt L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Thanks for staying and taking the time to write a review. We are thrilled that you found Tek so helpful, he is a true professional. I will look forward to personally thanking him. I am also glad you mentioned booking direct because by doing so we offer the lowest price guarantee and other perks.

Thanks for staying, let me know if I can be of service in the future.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Had a weekend and was extremely satisfied with Crowne Plaza. Staff went out of their way to help us. Breakfast buffet was very good. Clean rooms and decor was nice. Dining area and bar was comfortable. Like the security the Hotel offered. Close proximity to everything and shuttle was available.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Zygmunt L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Thank you very much for your great review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much. We think our location is ideal for anyone who wants to have easy access to anything Portland has to offer. We are happy you enjoyed the hotel and look forward to your return. Thanks for staying with us.